Dont seem to be doing so well

Options
I've been so good at sticking to my calories in the 7 months I've been doing this. Barely gone over only on occasions - even lost weight over Christmas! I was ill last week and didn't eat for 3 days, all I had was 6 crackers and some bread in those days, since Saturday every day I have had a takeaway I just am craving them and I'm so worried I'm going to spiral and lose control again!! I haven't gone way over my calories and I know you can still lose weight with takeout but I just don't seem to be making the best choices. Yesterday I was good but got really annoyed as I had chicken for my lunch. Normally have roast chicken breast from work which is 400 cals, they didn't have it so I had hot and spicy chicken thighs instead. Looked after I ate it and it was 900 cals!!!! Won't be eating those again!

Replies

• katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Got a bit of topic towards the end - my question was has anyone been through this before and how did they get themselves back? I still have been exercising
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have totally been there before. It always feels easier to get takeout in the moment but I always feel worse for it in the long run. The thing that usually helps me to get back on track is to pre-log a day or sometimes even two. I know it's easy to change your entries, but having everything already laid out discourages me from swapping a healthy meal out for one that I know will make me feel less-than-great. I might also make something for dinner that leaves me with leftovers so I can avoid the "I don't have anything to eat" excuse.

It's super rough to get back on track sometimes - I hope I was a little helpful :)
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you 2 you were very helpful, I find that my problem also lays with my days off - they will typically be bad days for me, for instance tomorrow I know me and my partner will go to the cinema and that usually leads to eating out. Snacks ect, but I may bring food with me so if we do eat out and I realllu want something I will get something small