40-Something Mom with School Aged Kids Looking for Motivational Buddies!

Options
JennyRATL
JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
Hi all,

I'm a married 43 yr. old with two boys, 12 and 9. Currently looking to lose about 15 lbs and tone up. Really just want to be fit, strong and healthy to keep up with my boys! And wear cute clothes that just don't look good with flat butts, flabby arms and muffin tops! :-)

My vices are French bread, pasta--any white carbs, really--cheese and WINE! And I am guilty of craving a Quarter Pounder with cheese every so often!

I am really good at starting up a program, then falling off the wagon. Or dealing with chronic knee pain...yuck. This time around, I've been much more committed to having a weekly food and fitness plan in place ahead of time so I don't feel overwhelmed or like I'm floating around without a paddle or rudder.

Looking for like-minded moms like me for motivation and commiserating!

Replies

• undulyinterest
    undulyinterest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just about in the same boat.
  • deedles28
    deedles28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same. Mom of 3 who has a food and wine fettish, as well as, a knee problem, who is good at starting a program, but falling off the wagon. I also enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, puppies, cuddling, yadda, yadda, yadda. LOL!

Feel free to add me if you like. We can commiserate together.
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Please add me - I am turning 40 this year and have decided to lose the last ten kilos (maybe a bit more) so I feel confident and able to keep up with the kids! I have a 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter (profile pic is three years old - I should update that!) :)
  • mjacobs421
    mjacobs421 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 who vice is beer ... and wine! You are definitely not alone and I'm great starting a program however finishing strong is not my challenge. I need to lose more than 15# but the number doesn't matter as much as the support does.

Please add me, I would love more friends to commiserate with as well.
  • JennyRATL
    Options
    I've added you all to my Friend list and plan on creating a Group if there are more than 10 folks who respond!
  • JenniYo
    JenniYo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    36, Mom of 4!
  • JennyRATL
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    Giving myself a pep talk this AM because I crashed and burned last night! Too many helpings of dinner and too much Sav Blanc for a regular old Wednesday! I mix it with La Croix to lighten it up, but still...TOO MUCH! :D
    Back on track today. Had heavier than normal, higher calorie than normal breakfast to soak up that wine, will have light lunch and light dinner with some high protein snacks. Hitting the gym tonight!
    Hope y'all are having a great day!
  • JennyRATL
    Options
    Bump for any new folks who might be in our boat!!