Anybody else doing Kayla's BBG?

Options
I've just started Kayla's 12 week bikini body guide and looking for friends to keep me motivated!! I'm not using her meal plans; I definitely don't think they're made with a student budget in mind!!

Replies

• aquadolly_
    aquadolly_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been doing BBG for a few months now. Was on week 18 of BBG 2 but on Monday went back and restarted BBG 1 week 1 since I saw Kayla posted about a 12 week challenge. :)
  • gigi323
    gigi323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started BBG, I'm only on week 2
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started last week as well. Last week I didn't do any of the LISS, but yesterday I did for the first time - what does everyone else do for this?? Just curious... to me, walking 35-45 mins is boring, but jogging that long is impossible lol...last night I walked (@4mph) for 8 mins, then jogged at 4.5 for 17 mins then walked again for 5mins...I guess it's a bit of a cheat since it isn't the full time and I didn't stay steady the whole time..wondering what everyone else is doing for that?
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Also - the food bit, I haven't looked too much into her plan, I'm just going to get back to logging my food here - that's worked the best for me in the past.
  • jherman0629
    jherman0629 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! @deannajf4, I'm on week six and for Liss I do incline treadmill walking at 11 incline, about 3mph. I get bored really easily as well so I'll watch you tube videos during the cardio, it helps time fly by and before I know it 45 minutes have passed and I'm drenched in sweat
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you use the search feature for the forums and look for Kayla threads, you'll find quite a few and some kindred spirits, no doubt. :)
  • SmashitSam
    SmashitSam Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi @deannajf4 I've been doing running for the LISS, really got back into my running this year and really enjoying! I did one cycling last week though the night before Park Run so as not to tire my legs too much. Also really enjoying the HIIT. The circuits... not so much. I hate burpees and the mountain climber press ups! But powering through as much as possible! How many times do you normally complete each circuit in the 7 mins?
  • SmashitSam
    Options
    @aquadolly_ wow you've been doing it some time!! You must be getting some good results?
  • aquadolly_
    aquadolly_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @SmashitSam I have! :) My body type is slow to see changes but I definitely see results. It's one of the few programs I can actually stick with. I mix it up with other things but this has really helped me to become stronger and leaner.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yes, im at week 7 right now. I do not follow her meal plan. I must say the first weeks were easy, but its getting more difficult.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    This is something I'm interested in. Do you get any video workouts to follow or is it all just written?
  • merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm doing BBG as well! I am on Week 19 of BBG2. I also do weight lifting on my own. I love the high intensity circuit training! The new app does feature videos so you can see how to do each of the moves. Depending on the circuit, arms or legs, I can usually do 2x through. When I'm feeling really strong I can make it almost 3x through! My least favorite always abs because I tend to get bored and my abs are so week haha. I love the BBG community online too!
  • SmashitSam
    Options
    @Misssynth yeah the app is great, it has all the workouts shown as videos and there's timers and it's really interactive. Also lets you play your music behind it which is great for in the gym. I've been loosely sticking to her workouts as I've also been doing running and body pump, but still doing at least one of her HIIT and LISS each week and 2 circuits I've noticed (and my boyfriend) a difference!! Result.