New to the site and very excited.

Options
Hello all, My name is Cindy and I just found the site this morning.I have done some of the other 'commercial' programs and found them to be just too expensive...and time consuming. MFP seems to be a much more userfriendly and supportive way to get healthy on my terms.

A little about me...Im 33(very soon to be 34 ;( I have 3 boys ages 16,12,12..oldest is a sophmore, varsity center in his highschool basketball; the twins are 7th graders and into every sport that comes around. So I spend mose of my time in a gym or on a field when not at work.

I live in Southern CA now, but Im originally from TN...so I love to cook southern comfort foods for my friends and family...which does nothing to help the weight thing.:blushing: So this is going to be an exercise in moderation and reinventing recipes.

I never had to worry about my weight...I was one of those people that i now hate that ate whatever I wanted and never gained an ounce. I'm 5'7 and weiged 40 lbs when I gave birth to twins...now I would be ecstatic to see 140 again!!

Then about 5 years ago my body went haywire..I started gaining weight like crazy. I had other issues as well and my dr had no answers. Finally I found a dr that listened and I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My dr explained that the PCOS was a huge contributor to my weight gain and will be an obstacle in my weight loss.

I want to feel better physically, to be able to do stuff with the kids and not feel so just old and tired. I also want to be able to go into my closet and take something out to wear and go..instead of tearing everything out of the closet, only to end up wearing the same thing as always...that makes me look just 'less dumpy'.

I look forward to reading more posts on here and using those as inspiration to keep on track and hopefully to be able to share some of my own!!

Replies

• CinAngel75
    Options
    Hello all, My name is Cindy and I just found the site this morning.I have done some of the other 'commercial' programs and found them to be just too expensive...and time consuming. MFP seems to be a much more userfriendly and supportive way to get healthy on my terms.

A little about me...Im 33(very soon to be 34 ;( I have 3 boys ages 16,12,12..oldest is a sophmore, varsity center in his highschool basketball; the twins are 7th graders and into every sport that comes around. So I spend mose of my time in a gym or on a field when not at work.

I live in Southern CA now, but Im originally from TN...so I love to cook southern comfort foods for my friends and family...which does nothing to help the weight thing.:blushing: So this is going to be an exercise in moderation and reinventing recipes.

I never had to worry about my weight...I was one of those people that i now hate that ate whatever I wanted and never gained an ounce. I'm 5'7 and weiged 40 lbs when I gave birth to twins...now I would be ecstatic to see 140 again!!

Then about 5 years ago my body went haywire..I started gaining weight like crazy. I had other issues as well and my dr had no answers. Finally I found a dr that listened and I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My dr explained that the PCOS was a huge contributor to my weight gain and will be an obstacle in my weight loss.

I want to feel better physically, to be able to do stuff with the kids and not feel so just old and tired. I also want to be able to go into my closet and take something out to wear and go..instead of tearing everything out of the closet, only to end up wearing the same thing as always...that makes me look just 'less dumpy'.

I look forward to reading more posts on here and using those as inspiration to keep on track and hopefully to be able to share some of my own!!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy! :flowerforyou: You will love it here! :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome I just joined this group too yesterday :)
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Cindy, and welcome! I know what you mean about the stuff in your closet! I was the same way. I used to be soooooo depressed every morning when it was time to try to "squeeze" into something. BUT, it's not that way anymore! I jump out of bed and race over to the closet, and know that everything in there fits, or is even a little baggy! :laugh:
    Since joining MFP last April, I've been clothes "shopping" at thrift shops, which I totally recommend, otherwise you'll go broke buying new clothes, only to have them too big before you know it! :laugh:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, you will love it here if you don't already. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP. I started last week on Thursday and I love it so far. Hope you reach your goals and stay positive and focused at all times. At times it will get hard but just think about what you want out of this and you will get the motivation.

134290.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    congrats for joining - you will :heart: it here!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    I also have a 16 year old son...two 12 year olds (daughter and step daugher) and 11 year old twins...yeesh!!!!
    I'm sure you're very busy! This is an awesome site, everyone is really supportive, I'm know you'll love it!