Vaping

Options
Hi all,
I've quit smoking using e-cigs, but I seem to have swapped one addiction for another!
It's been 3 years since I quit smoking and even though I vape I do feel the health benefits of not smoking.
Does anybody else vape?

Replies

• CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Yup, life saver for me.
    You'll hear all sorts of negative opinions about it, but googling the facts, it's undeniably far safer than smoking.
    I'm planning to give up the vape this Year, but won't stress it if it takes longer.
  • Slimjimjellybelly
    Slimjimjellybelly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Do you think it affects your fitness?
    I get out of breathe quickly but I've only just started exercising properly, I'm hoping that will change quickly and the vaping will not hold me back. I want to quit the vaping too, after 3 years I'm still not ready lol.
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    ckp82 wrote: »
    I get out of breathe quickly but I've only just started exercising properly, I'm hoping that will change quickly and the vaping will not hold me back. I want to quit the vaping too, after 3 years I'm still not ready lol.

Purely personal opinion here, but I'm sure it probably does to some extent.
    But, definitely nowhere near as harmful to fitness as smoking is. I get out of breath at high heart rates (as anyone would!) but I don't feel that vaping is to blame.
    I've been vaping just over a Year, but working out for a few years now. I definitely noticed a big improvement in lung function when I stopped smoking so although vaping probably isn't ideal, I would imagine your breathlessness is just down to being new at it :)
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I smoked for about 20 years. Quit 7 years ago and started running (eventually running full marathons). A couple years ago, while on vacation, I had the bright idea to vape. I had been vaping for a few months and I noticed a HUGE difference. I can't believe how out of breath I would get, running a short distance. I no longer vape because of this. However, if I could I would! I'm sure vaping is probably the lesser of the two evils but, in no way is it good for you and it does play a major roll in your breathlessness!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    Yup, life saver for me.
    You'll hear all sorts of negative opinions about it, but googling the facts, it's undeniably far safer than smoking.
    I'm planning to give up the vape this Year, but won't stress it if it takes longer.

Way better than cigarettes. Good job.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful about the flavored vapes. Popcorn lung really sucks.

Vaping's great.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I think all my daughters and their friends Vape. I don't get it, but I can hardly judge them while enjoying my La Gloria Cubana Cigars.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    CM_73 wrote: »
    ckp82 wrote: »

Purely personal opinion here, but I'm sure it probably does to some extent.
    But, definitely nowhere near as harmful to fitness as smoking is. I get out of breath at high heart rates (as anyone would!) but I don't feel that vaping is to blame.
    I've been vaping just over a Year, but working out for a few years now. I definitely noticed a big improvement in lung function when I stopped smoking so although vaping probably isn't ideal, I would imagine your breathlessness is just down to being new at it :)

Excuse me. You have a vaping twin. I had to ask permission from your vaping twin first to post the pics. He also quit smoking cigarettes. h2vkme7udoax.jpgv0melv29ljbz.jpgfiaymzvpcg8p.jpg3gcwoptjdn9s.jpg
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I'm an advocate of vaping or any NRT. Whatever helps someone get away from the cigs.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    I'm trying to switch, and only vape. Charged my vape today. But I'm still smoking cigs. :/ Yuck.
    My hubs was able to quit smoking over two years ago using his vape.
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    I'm planning to quit cigs during the week using patches and E-Cig. I'm giving myself a pass at weekends when I have a tipple, with a view to fazing them out completely over time. Whatever works as far as I'm concerned.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    I'm planning to quit cigs during the week using patches and E-Cig. I'm giving myself a pass at weekends when I have a tipple, with a view to fazing them out completely over time. Whatever works as far as I'm concerned.
    I have to bite the bullet. I have my patches ready, and have my vape charged.
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Huzzah! I'm simply waiting for payday. I found it much easier to take the pressure off myself, a bit like "dieting". As long as I keep trying....
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,120 Member
    Options
    I tried phasing out like that...cutting back...patches...pills....didn't work...the only way i could quit cigs was cold turkey...
  • BoosDimples
    Options
    Tried cold turkey, unfortunately, was worse for me. I admire peeps that are able to do so. I freely admit, I ENJOY smoking.....