What made you smile today?

Options

Replies

• tgardi
    tgardi Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Being asked to speak with a group of special needs students next week in one of our high schools. Hopefully get our city back competing in the Special Olympics. Sometimes I love my job.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    It was pretty nice to receive a free T-shirt when I was getting my oil changed.
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    @Liftheavylovehard being empowered!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    ^Awww! This guy and a particularly good spirited patient I had today.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
  • Dreamcrusher16
    Dreamcrusher16 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    j9gl2oiwdzl4.jpeg
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    A funny joke I heard at my Alpha class

Two Pastors were having a drink together discussing life and one says to the other "I didn't have relations with my Wife before marriage did you?" The other responds "I'm not sure, what's her name again?"

I heard this at Bible Study! :lol:
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    A bit lengthy, so my apologies.

My father passed away about 15 months ago. Since then times have been good and times have been bad. I was reading about an MFPer that spent a good portion of the day in an ER with a parent and it really hit me hard about my Dad being gone.

About five years before he died, he had to have fairly urgent heart surgery and it didn't look really good for a short period of time. My father taught me to hunt and fish when I was young. I couldn't be with him due to the distance and the gun deer hunting was starting the next morning. I remember sitting and debating do I go up to Alaska to be with him, do I sit at home scared and feeling sorry for him and myself, or do I grab my rifle and go hunting. I thought my Dad would want me to go hunting, so I grabbed the first rifle he ever bought me, said a prayer for him, and hit the woods. When Dad got better, I talked to him and he said that is what he would have wanted me to do if he hadn't have made it though the surgery. Go in the woods and do something he taught me to do and we did together.

I went to bed last night, thinking about him after reading that post and I wasn't doing too well. I was missing him a lot.

This morning, I woke up and I saw that same rifle sitting against a book shelf in my bedroom. I don't remember putting it there, but I saw it and it reminded me of him and the good times we had hunting and shooting. It put a smile on my face today.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Knowing I'm no longer a doormat.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Chatting with a friend
  • JenJenakaJJ
    JenJenakaJJ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Leaving work on time for once!
  • davedoubleu
    davedoubleu Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Most of the people on here tonight. I love their weird sense of humour
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I did one of those long, awkward pauses so I could hold the door open for a nice looking lady of eastern decent. When she looked up and noticed that I was waiting for her, she stopped in her tracks, put her hand to her chest and said thank you. That made me smile.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    Singing in my car

A good way to smile
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I pinched 5mm with my suprailiac Skinfold calipers twice... Which equates to 7.6%bf.

Don't know if I believe it but even if my technique is off, I should be fairly close.

I work incredibly F'king hard (not even going to try an be humble about that) and have a pretty strict diet that I actually enjoy so... I think that part of the equation is there, but the weekend is here and wine with dark chocolate is on the menu...
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    i just found out that @happilymegan has a jeep~ *swoon*
  • BW__NOT
    BW__NOT Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    waking up