Stressed and I want chocolate!!! Help

Options
My younger two kids have decided when Dada away they will kick up hell at bedtime, screaming shouting, sobbing and refusing to go to bed ( physically) I just want to bury myself in chocolate.

Replies

• Rayedar
    Rayedar Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh man I hear ya. I've found a warm drink feels like a treat. Steamed milk with cinnamon, herbal tea, anything to feel like I'm having something nice and calming in the evening.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I like 85% chocolate. It packs more chocolate into fewer calories and a little goes a long way! Hot tea can also help in those situations.
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    DON'T LISTEN TO THAT VOICE.....Love yourself
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    One of the two is worried, insecure, stressed at the absence of Dada. The other is imitating.
    Hugs, hugs, more hugs.
    Once they settle down and snooze, Hugs.
  • dpg2503
    dpg2503 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your welcome comments. I'm sure Giovanna was just trying to keep my head straight. I waited an HR and gave in to a little not a mountain of chocolate. I've eaten great all day everyday since new year, and if I've slipped up I've made up for it with extra exercise or cutting back else where and I've lost 12lbs to date, so I'm letting myself be soothed tonight. The little ones settled with their big sister ( so grateful) so I'm off for añ early night to my bed to re energise ready to take on the next day :) thank you all x
  • lilianalee43
    lilianalee43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    90% chocolate!! You will be swooning in bliss :))))
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds easier than it is, but working on separating emotion from food has really helped me. Sure I still want chocolate but it's not a knee jerk reaction anymore which helps me make a proper choice rather than impulse eating.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I turn to chocolate from stress too, and I have "used" a few times in January. But, I logged every bit and found that it was not too out of the norm. Just use maintenance cal level this week until the stress goes down. Am trying to learn to manage stress eating instead of eliminating it.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost every day. Just a little and within my calorie allotment.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Pistachios