MFP HELP

Options
Hello in new to MFP and im having trouble puttingthe accurate servings. For example if a total serving is around 14g per serving and im only taking 7grams of it .How many servings do I put .5?
Also with eggs this morning I weight boil egg whites and the total was 90grams but the only accurate thing I found here was 33grams so how many serving do I put for that?? Please help in really trying to stay as accurate as possible and im also counting my macros

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You should be able to change the serving size to 1 gram, at which point you can put 7 servings of 1 g. Or .5 of 14 will work. For your egg whites, again you can change the serving size to 1g and put 90 servings of 1, or do the math to find out how many servings of 33g 90g is.
  • tefachikis17
    tefachikis17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You should be able to change the serving size to 1 gram, at which point you can put 7 servings of 1 g. Or .5 of 14 will work. For your egg whites, again you can change the serving size to 1g and put 90 servings of 1, or do the math to find out how many servings of 33g 90g is.

Thank u so much that was really helpful
  • cchhiipp22
    cchhiipp22 Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sort of related to what you asked, that might be helpful. When I make something like a pot of stew - something that's way too much to eat all of at once - and create a recipe in MFP for it, I use my food scale to measure the exact weight of the entire prepared dish. Let's say that comes to 100 oz. Then in the recipe, I set the serving size to 100 servings. Then, when I decide to eat a plate of that meal, I weight the plate of food, and if it's 13 oz, then I enter 13 servings of that recipe in MFP.

Sorry, hope that doesn't sound confusing. Point is, I make the number of servings for my recipes equal to the number of ounces. Then, when I eat a plate or bowl of it, I can weight it and log it as that many servings. Gets me an accurate reading of calories every time.
  • tefachikis17
    Options

Great thank u:).an other question I have, if I make just chiken in a pan with minimum olive oil and is about 5oz how can I find the accurate nutrition facts for it? .There's so many options here and each of them is different
  • trevorw52
    trevorw52 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    use the bar scan
  • tefachikis17
    Options

Hello ,so I try to do what u told me. So I change to 1g if it gives me the option and then put the #of gram in servings. But once I do that it gives me a a crazy #in my macros like 8000caloris obviously wrong ! Im not sure if it's something in my settings. But is getting frustrating to do this
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Great thank u:).an other question I have, if I make just chiken in a pan with minimum olive oil and is about 5oz how can I find the accurate nutrition facts for it? .There's so many options here and each of them is different

my recommendation would be to weigh chicken raw and log it that way, and then log the amount of olive oil you used
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary so we can take a look and troubleshoot?
  • tefachikis17
    Options
    can you open your diary so we can take a look and troubleshoot?

Yes just did