making meals day before

Options
the last few days ive found myself prepping my meals the day before i eat them. its mainly because of work but im finding planning helps me a LOT. just thought id share

Replies

• poseyj88
    poseyj88 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I don't usually prep the day before, but I often plan/log a day ahead. I find I do much better when there's a set plan and I'm not just rummaging about the pantry trying to find something to eat when I'm already hungry.
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I don't usually prep the day before, but I often plan/log a day ahead. I find I do much better when there's a set plan and I'm not just rummaging about the pantry trying to find something to eat when I'm already hungry.

I completely agree. Planning ahead and bringing tea instead of powerade has really helped me out these last few weeks. :-) I'm finally starting to see the scale budge.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I do a batch of roasted veggies on the weekend and then add them to pasta, whole grains and wraps. Keeps me from eating whatever I can get my hands on first!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    All my meals are prepared and prepacked 1-2 days ahead of time. This gives me no excuse not to eat right and takes away any opportunities of eating badly.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't always prep a day ahead, but on the weekend I plan meals for the entire week. We have a dry eraser calendar on the fridge and I write in on there. It sure helps a lot!
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    Anything prepared at home saves me on the scale. I cook everything one day a week, portion it, freeze the extra and voila ---- lunch and breakfast are ready to go!!! Makes the eating easier and I feel better too.:happy:
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    what types of containers do you all use for the storage and reheating? my tupperware drawer seems to be a mish mash of lids and containers and i need to get some new ones that all match and will all work together.
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    what types of containers do you all use for the storage and reheating? my tupperware drawer seems to be a mish mash of lids and containers and i need to get some new ones that all match and will all work together.

I use the glass ones pyrex. They are a little pricer but they are more durable in my opinion, and I feel that they are cleaner. For freezing though... I usually wrap them in aluminum foil and then put them in freezer bags.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do this too! I also make a large meal so that there will be leftover for the next few days so I don't have to think about it as much. for example, I buy something like shoulder steaks (i just did this last week), 3 of them for $4.50, and I marinaded them and cooked them all at the same time so that I have a meal for the next few days. I eat it as is cooked, or toss it in a salad, or mix it with a little pasta, or come up with some other way to eat it. Works great :)