Second place by .3lbs

Options
Still happy with these results. I signed up for a challenge at work, roughly 25 people signed up as well. It started October and ended this week. The goal was to not gain any weight, 3 separate weigh in dates, and the person who lost the most won a prize of their choice.

Skip to yesterday, I get a call while in a crawlspace from my HR rep with the news I came in first by less than a pound! Got to pick my reward which was between a 200 dollar set of wireless headphones or a year gym membership. I took the gym membership (Sadly planet fitness) due to the cardio equipment. I discovered that running really isn't good for my knee so I'll be using the place for the ellipticals only. The first week of March I go back to body weight training so I don't need the rest of their stuff.

Regardless, I did it! I haven't weighed this low in 7 years and I can't thank this community and app enough! Pics soon.

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome! And no need to feel bad about Planet Fitness. It is a good gym, and has been super helpful as I lost 78lbs. Use it to your advantage. Keep up the good work :)
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't know about your new club but see if they have a rowing machine. If you use a high resistance mode, you can get cardio, moderate weight training and a smaller impact on your knees. Concept2.com gives great instructions on correct positions. If you want "friend" me, and I will answer erging questions as best I can.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You should have pooped before the last weigh in . But good job
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little confused - did you win, or place second?
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    You should have pooped before the last weigh in . But good job

That's what I told my HR rep.
    rickc74 wrote: »
    I'm actually a little confused - did you win, or place second?

Came in second. First place loser.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I second the rowing machine suggestions...such a great workout and something different from the elliptical!
  • Slightly_Amusing
    Slightly_Amusing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sooooo...slight update. I decided to say screw the gym membership and donated the money. I plan on picking up an elliptical come taxes anyhow, maybe I'll get a rower instead. Thanks again all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!