Finally Doing This for MYSELF!!

Options
I used to think I needed to lose weight to make people actually notice me and want to be around me, but it wasn't until recently that I had my own little epiphany. I am 22 years old and I just graduated from nursing school, currently studying to take my state exam. It wasn't until a person from my own family said something personally attacking me (while they were not in the right state of mind). I spent the night it happened feeling super depressed and heart broken, but while I was sleeping, I had a dream that inspired me. I have now come to realize I have to take care of me. I can never depend on someone to take care of MY life. I have so much to be proud of in my life and no time for things that are going to bring me down. NOW, it's time to be proud of not only who I am inside, but to be proud of who I am on the outside. I'm doing this for me! I have tended to stray from this goal in the past when I became depressed or lonely or bored, so I could really use as much support in my journey as I can get!

Replies

• FindingLiz0313
    FindingLiz0313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your so amazing,you soooo got this :)
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    That is a very motivating post. You are very smart to start so early in life to take care of YOU! Welcome aboard :smile:
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I used to think I needed to lose weight to make people actually notice me and want to be around me, but it wasn't until recently that I had my own little epiphany. I am 22 years old and I just graduated from nursing school, currently studying to take my state exam. It wasn't until a person from my own family said something personally attacking me (while they were not in the right state of mind). I spent the night it happened feeling super depressed and heart broken, but while I was sleeping, I had a dream that inspired me. I have now come to realize I have to take care of me. I can never depend on someone to take care of MY life. I have so much to be proud of in my life and no time for things that are going to bring me down. NOW, it's time to be proud of not only who I am inside, but to be proud of who I am on the outside. I'm doing this for me! I have tended to stray from this goal in the past when I became depressed or lonely or bored, so I could really use as much support in my journey as I can get!

amen! you got this
  • alisonzarzecki
    alisonzarzecki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

amen! you got this

Thank you so much!!
  • jcpwag
    jcpwag Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you made it through nursing school, you can do almost anything! You've got this, and best of luck on your exams