Only you can hold you back

Options
So, I was reading an article from my hometown about the obesity rates in Ohio and WV (3rd highest in the nation), and some people were commenting on it blaming everything but themselves for not being able to loose weight.

From money, to the government. Personally, I think the government needs to try and encourage healthy lifestyles, but it's not their job to make you do it. It's your choice, welcome to the home of the free. I understand, the healthier options may not always be as cheap as the unhealthy-calorie-packed cheap food. You know what, divide your meals out into 4 smaller meals, you won't be as hungry. Oh, you can't afford a gym membership? Well, it's really convenient that god gave you two feet. Go walk, run, ride a bike if you have one, whatever you can. It's not the governments job to make you be healthy, you know what's good and what's not.

Everything in life is a choice. Which would you rather have? A Big Mac and fries? Or to live a longer, healthier life? You can choose whatever you want, it's up to you. Personally, I have problems making it form paycheck to paycheck myself, but I do it. I don't need a gym, I just happen to get free access to one. Although, I've lost most of weight by running outdoors this summer. It's your choice, don't blame other things for the reason that you aren't healthy. The only thing setting you back is you, and only you can change it.

Replies

• RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I really, REALLY wish MFP had a like button :)
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hulietta
    hulietta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really, REALLY wish MFP had a like button :)

Agreed! And thanks for the reminder, Tony!!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Very well said!
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    until people clear away the mental debris of "it's because..." or "I can't because..." will they see results. :sad:
  • JHunter75
    JHunter75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Outstanding post! It's ludicrous that others attempt to blame (society, government, etc.) instead of taking personal accountability.