Dives In and Poses

Options
Hello! I'm never dipped a toe into a fitness forum before, so why not just jump right in?

I'm Kitty, and I am just starting my journey to gain health, get fit, and lose some weight! I'm currently around 190, and hoping to lose 50 lbs over time.

I have chronic, severe Depression, and really would like to take a greater hold on my fitness, in hopes of lessening the impact of illness on my life. I also have PCOS. Which. Doesn't make the weight losing any easier. But! I am hopeful that if I can stick with a healthier diet, and daily movement, I can see some improvement! (I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm up. Is it obvious?)

My current plan is sticking with my caloric recommendation to stay in a deficit, 20 minutes of running well, eventually running. It's more of a walk and wheeze situation right now, and 30-45 minutes of yoga.

So uh. Anyone have any similar success stories to share for inspiration? Personal narratives? Cute pictures of your pets?

Replies

• mnapanda
    mnapanda Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position, I'm 18 with about 100 pounds to lose but my bipolar depression and other health issues make it that much harder so I totally understand what you are going through!!
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, kitty and mnapanda. :)
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    welcome, glad you found MFP! i have learned to take what you like and leave the rest as far as comments go. definitely believe ci vs. co calories in vs. calories out. burn more than you take in! exercise helps, but it really is mostly in the eating correctly! best of luck!
  • kitarinalee
    kitarinalee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcoming words! This seems like a very warm and happy community so far.

@mnapanda Good luck with your journey! I wish I'd been brave enough to start at 18! Sending you positive vibes and strength for the hard days!