Smoothie recipes

Options
Yassorama
Yassorama Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone! I am 34, mommy of 2 and in need to lose 100 pounds! It will be a long journey, i know, but i am excited to be on it!!

I have been making smoothies in the morning, sometime with protein powder (whey) sometime without. I usually include frozen fruits, banana, almond milk, peanut butter and honey. It comes to about 400 cal but then keeps me full until 1-2pm. Any suggestions on other recipes? Is 400 cal too much for breakfast?

Thanks!

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    If it's keeping you full til 1pm I'd say that is an efficient 400cal drink!

Carob powder is another optional ingredient if you want a chocolate-y taste. 1 tbl = 30 cals
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Matcha powder is really great and full of health benefits. I use a lot of coconut water in my smoothies as well as spinach.
  • radolph01
    radolph01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would try not to skip your protein in the morning. See if you can get in more protein and less overall calories and you should get more bang out of that 1st meal of the day.
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been making smoothies as well. Pineapples, apples, spinach, ginger and water. The ginger gives it a good kick. I don't use any protein. Not sure if I should be.
  • Yassorama
    Yassorama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I tried the premier protein shake and added frozen rasberries. I was able to keep the cal to 230 with 30 gr of protein. I guess i should start puttingg less in my smoothies. I like the ginger idea for the kick. Will try. Thanks
  • airdriemomma
    airdriemomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some PB2 instead of the peanut butter, will give you a similar flavor and some protein but if you are concerned about calorie content PB2 is much lower calorie. Good luck with your journey!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some PB2 instead of the peanut butter, will give you a similar flavor and some protein but if you are concerned about calorie content PB2 is much lower calorie. Good luck with your journey!

How much PB2 do you put in? I could never get the taste right...
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What's a good whey protein powder and suggestions
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Your recipe sounds delicious but quite high in calories what I do is use one scoop of kazein whey protein powder. Cup of organic almond milk vanilla flavoured unsweetened a half a cup of frozen raspberries if I'm very hungry I will add some Greek yoghurt to this we sit up and drink it will still keep you full probably more full without all of the extra sugar from the fruit and honey if you have a good tasting protein powder you will likely not need honey
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ps I get all of my ingredients from costco