Atkins

Options
Lchflex
Lchflex Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
Just started day two of induction and it's going great. In the past I'd be hungry and cravings would ultimately kill my journey. This time around there's Atkins frozen meals, and eventually shakes and treats to look forward too... but mainly I realize that I still have to snack between meals. If I eat some snacks, I notice i don't fall into cravings and I have a ton of options because LCHF recipes are plentiful. In any healthier lifestyle you have to make reductions of some kind.. this is just in carbs and I find I feel amazing without bread or pasta in my diet. What helped you stick with it?

Replies

• CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hey, about 5 yr ago I went on the low carb diet. It did wonders, but then I became a baker at Panera Bread. Go figure and lost track on everything. And gained all my weight back. I had lost 65lbs in 4 months. It was hard the first week, but like you said being without carbs or less carbs, I felt much better and less sluggish. I am getting back into the swing of things. Less carbs more veggies and lean meats. Just have to focus. Smelling all the breads and sweets at work can be hard. But I just ignore it and push forward. I hope your journey is going well and welcome.
  • camellia127
    camellia127 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A little over 1 month in and have lost a total of 11 pounds. Probably would have lost more except Hurricane Irma made it a bit challenging. This will be my second time using Atkins and though Induction is the same from the original release, it seems there is more of an emphasis on keeping the weight off when the goal is finally met. I am determined I am going to hit my goal once again and maintain it this time! Wish me luck!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I originally lost 30 lbs in three months. Then on top of that I lost another 20 lbs. However, last year around this time the holidays kicked in and in one year I gained 35 lbs back. It's a terrible feeling. I was so close to my goal weight. So now I'm starting over. You guys are welcome to message me and we can motivate one another
  • dharding7
    dharding7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! :)