Low Cal Bread that Tastes Good?

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on low calorie wheat bread that will not crumble, is not too thin, and actually tastes good? I keep noticing the breads that I am eating have about 90-100 calories PER SLICE. So if I want a sandwich for lunch, that's 200 calories right there on lunch. While I could choose other lunch options, I'm more curious to see if anyone has good recommendations for other breads.

Thanks!

Replies

• kammie18
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions on low calorie wheat bread that will not crumble, is not too thin, and actually tastes good? I keep noticing the breads that I am eating have about 90-100 calories PER SLICE. So if I want a sandwich for lunch, that's 200 calories right there on lunch. While I could choose other lunch options, I'm more curious to see if anyone has good recommendations for other breads.

Thanks!
  • elisejerry
    Options
    I have found Sara Lee 45 cal and delightful. It is wheat and it is wonderful. It has 90 for 2 slices. Hope this helps.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I use Aunt Millie's Healthy Goodness Fiber for Life light at 35 calories a slice OR Aunt Millie's 5 Grain Light at 40 calories. I'm not a big fan of wheat breads but love these two. Vey light and fluffy and normal sized slices.

Both are whole grain and have no HFCS (If you watch that kinda stuff)
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I like Nature's Own Honey Wheat Light. 40 calories a slice. Yummy!
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    there are some really low cal.. pita bread that you can roll up with a ton of veggies, turkey or tuna..

maybe to change it sometimes.. look at the " health food stores etc.. pay attention to the fiber.. the more the better
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    well to get all the nutrients that make bread a good for you food, you need to be eating whole GRAIN bread so try Nature's Own Sugar Free Whole Grain bread-all the goodness of the grain, no added sugar and only 50 calories a slice :happy: and oh so yummy!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I buy Mrs. Baird Extra fiber bread. It has 60 calories per sl. and it makes wonderful french toast. And ----5 gr. fiber per slice. Love it..
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found these Arnold Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatbreads. They are 100 cals, you only need one and is perfect for a burger as a bun! I love it ! I had tuna on one for lunch today, and a cheeseburger last night on one.
  • kammie18
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll keep an eye out at the store!
  • colombiana444
    colombiana444 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i use natures own. only 50 cals (per slice) for double fiber bread and 40 for light wheat.
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    I use Franz 40 calorie bread. It has 40 calories per slice (if you couldn't tell already from the name)
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I have found Sara Lee 45 cal and delightful. It is wheat and it is wonderful. It has 90 for 2 slices. Hope this helps.

I buy this kind too! It is REALLY good!
  • plaisted
    Options
    Martin's potato whole wheat bread isnt low calorie, but it has the most protein and fiber. It tastes good too. Go for one slice if you are that worried about calories. Men's Health rated it #1!