DETERMINED

Options
Nybaby3
Nybaby3 Posts: 7 Member
I been down this road before and have not stuck with anything. I need a complete lifestyle change. i have always been heavy. I am 34 and 317lbs. first time i admitted that publicly. 1st step complete.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. You can set your weight loss goal to 2 lb per week because it's really easy to meet that goal when you have 50+ lb to lose.

Ask questions, read the success stories, and just vent. It's ok and you'll win.

• freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first to say I'm proud of you for taking the first step. Add me as a friend if you wish. You can do this!
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Nybaby. I joined a week ago and it was also the first time I had listed my weight anywhere. Putting it out there is a great first step to success. Would be happy for you to add me as a friend.
  • bobsgirlz
    bobsgirlz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i'm new as well and i have about 100lbs to lose . 1st day here ! -steph
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Well done we all know how tough this is better with friends how understand :)
  • howmaster16
    howmaster16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya. I have always been heavy. Need to lose about 60lbs. Lost about 80 over 10 years ago and over time have put it back on. Have been trying to lose weight for the last year, but haven't had any substantial progress. Time to change the lifestyle!
  • Nybaby3
    Nybaby3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thnx all of you for the support!! It is actually motivating!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've been at this for about three months. I'm down 25 lbs. Only another 89 to go! Add me if you like.
  • Fightingtostayfit30
    Options
    I've been down this road also and lost alot of weight..but gained almost all of it back. I quit gym for 1yr...smh...I started at 240lbs and was as low as 184lbs and Im now at 217lbs ugh!!! I ate as I want....drank alcohol almost every weekend and didnt watch what I eat...now Im paying for all that. I know how to dedicate myself so Im not worried....but I need constant pushing!! Nice to meet u all
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    There is a wealth of information in this forum.

I suggest reading through the stickies and forums. I've learned so much and learned how much I didn't really know, or what I thought I knew was wrong:).

There are also successful folks who have not only lost weight but maintained it for years. Almost everyone here is super helpful!

Best!