Hello

Options
I've joined this site hoping I will find some insight to my body and it's working. I quit smoking in March of this year and started an exercise regimen that consists of yoga twice a week, Cardio kickboxing once a week. a boot style camp once a week. Plus I walk between 2-3 hours a week. I had changed my eating habits when I quit smoking and add many fresh vegys to my daily diet. To my horror I have gained weight. I have gained 14 pounds in the past year most of it being these last 4 months. I'm lost, this weekend I was crushed when I went to get ready to go out for a birthday dinner. (i never made it) the pant zipper split when I did them up. My goal (gave my self a year )when I quit smoking was to be in better shape at 45 then I was at 20. at this rate that will never happen. So I hoping that tracking everything I eat and do will give me the edge i need. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tracking my food/ calories has done wonders for me! I've also bumped up my exercise too.
    Good Luck
  • newgm
    newgm Posts: 2
    Options
    I empathize with you. I was once a smoker and I gained weight as well. But I have always had a weight issue.
    Good luck!
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That's a kick *kitten* regime you have there. Congrats on quiting smoking. That's an awesome accomplishment considering how hard it is to do. I'm sure with the help from this site you'll have no problem reaching your goal as you already seem to be strongly motivated. Best of luck.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    and remember muscle ways 3 times as much as fat so that could be why you've got heavier. You'll get there, just keep up the good work!!
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    your metabolish changes DRASTICALLY when you hit mid 40 (I'm 48), so it's like an uphill battle. the thing I've noticed most is the amount of time it takes to lose weight has slowed for me to the tun of "shaving ice with a razor blade" slow. I don't have a lot of patience, so it's a struggle for me to keep on track as well. I also smoked, but quit some 20 years ago (yes started to gain weight then). HORRAY for quitting smoking - stop and give yourself a huge congratulations and celebrate this - it's remarkably difficult!!!!! Your exercise program looks great also. You may not lose a noticeable amount of weight for several weeks or months - your body has LOT to adjust to with the changes you've made recently (it's trying to learn what's happening too).

STAY with myfitnesspal it will definately help!!!!!!!! lifestyle changes... B:happy:
  • betterthan20
    Options
    thanks for all the encourement. :bigsmile:
  • faerygirl33
    faerygirl33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on quitting smoking! Thats a big battle in itself.
    Congrats on joining MFP, it is a great site and I love it. Good luck on your journey.
    Have you taken any measurements, how many meals are you eating a day?