Whats your Home workout and is it effective?

Options
I have a Treadmill, Bowflex and yoga mat:)!
I do Incline Treadmill 3-4% incline at 3.0-3.5 speed for 30 minutes on days I work(3-4days).

Days I have off(3days in a row) I do the Incline Treadmill 4% incline at 3.0speed for 15 minutes, strength training on a Bowflex alternating days of Upper body and lower body with 3set, 15reps, at a desired strength(without overexertion), then do the Incline Treadmill 4% incline at 3.0speed again for 15minutes and 25 minutes of basic yoga stretching afterward.

I keep track of Food and Calorie intake on MFP. which has been a big help.
Starting weight was 188pds, Im 5foot 3inches. My goal is 165 then I will set a new goal since I am still considered obese at that height and weight. I weighed in last night at 185!

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Squats, bench press, overhead press, deadlifts. Bought a rack, bench, bar, and plates, then built a platform to protect the floor.

No waiting for equipment, no excuse to not "go to the gym" when it's less than fifty feet from bed to barbell.
  • elena0825
    elena0825 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Who do you watch on YouTube?
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have many workout DVDs I use at home. When it's-25C or colder out, leaving my house isn't exactly on my to do list. My favourite DVDs are Leslie Sansone - very easy to do, she is friendly, you can actually see her sweat, and you can make it as intense or not as you want.

I also have dumbells, an exercise ball, workout video games, and other various equipment to use at home.

And when it's not -25C out, my city is awesome and has a provincial park in the middle of it. And I live about 6 blocks away. So I go hiking in there a lot. :smile:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I've done a ton of at home working out. Started with just body weight moves. Then found the ultimate sandbag and DVRT system. I feel it is one of the best investments for someone wanting to workout at home, with limited space, who wants to develop both strength and conditioning.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    In the past I did some home DVD workouts, were they effective? Sure. Was I super ripped? No but I looked pretty decent and was very physically fit.

I now have a home gym with most of the equipment I need. I have more recently switched from more cardio to more strength training, doing Strong Curves and now I am doing Get Glutes. Body composition wise, definitely the most effective.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Running, exercise bike, bodyweight exercises mainly
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Currently doing PHUL with some cardio mixed in on the Wednesday and Sat "off days". I'm only in week 2 so I can't say how effective it is yet. I was doing a push/pull/legs regimen before and I seemed to have hit a wall in PR's and plateaued so I'm trying a new approach. If PHUL doesn't work I will try the 5/3/1 next.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did p90x and Insanity at Home and had some noticeable results
  • GreenEyedDork
    GreenEyedDork Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my exercise journey and have no equipment. Any advice on simple workouts at home for beginners?
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used a video I found on YouTube for my leg workout today. I can send u some links if you'd like
  • nowNOTthenmylife
    nowNOTthenmylife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Put on my favorites songs and dance away for sometimes 2 hours. The harder I dance, the more I sweat and burn calories. It is fun and free
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights, kettlebells, different types of dvd's right now I am doing zumba ..and running on the weekends
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    hitnrun287 wrote: »
    I have a Treadmill, Bowflex and yoga mat:)!
    I do Incline Treadmill 3-4% incline at 3.0-3.5 speed for 30 minutes on days I work(3-4days).

Days I have off(3days in a row) I do the Incline Treadmill 4% incline at 3.0speed for 15 minutes, strength training on a Bowflex alternating days of Upper body and lower body with 3set, 15reps, at a desired strength(without overexertion), then do the Incline Treadmill 4% incline at 3.0speed again for 15minutes and 25 minutes of basic yoga stretching afterward.

I keep track of Food and Calorie intake on MFP. which has been a big help.
    Starting weight was 188pds, Im 5foot 3inches. My goal is 165 then I will set a new goal since I am still considered obese at that height and weight. I weighed in last night at 185!

That is my equipment as well (old Bowflex so I listen the Grateful Dead while I'm doing my strength stuff :D ). I only use my treadmill for a warm up prior to strength workout. My cardio is outdoors because I get so bored on the treadmill. I do have some free weights and a stationary bike which I hate equally as much as the treadmill, but my husband loves it. I also do planks, wall sits and some ab stuff. And, I need to stretch more.
  • FlufferCat
    FlufferCat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Power Rack with pulley system.Adjustable bench.Barbells,and dumbbells.Plates,and dumbbells on racks to keep them off the floor.
    I've been lifting about 30 years now.
    I know how to lift.But I do still enjoying learning more about the subject.What I do would be in the category of bodybuilding/weight training .I do watch YouTube channels of power lifters,and olympic lifters as well as bodybuilders.
    I do find the bodybuilding approach more relevant to what I want to do.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting my exercise journey and have no equipment. Any advice on simple workouts at home for beginners?

Darebee.com has a lot of good (and free) bodyweight workouts and programs.
  • hitnrun287
    hitnrun287 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So far my workout routine and calorie watching has been working well. 3pounds away from being out of the 180s. This past week ive only been doing the treadmill while watching Netflix stuff on the ipad, rough week but didn't want to take off working out. I'm gonna add Bowflex back in tomorrow. Good luck everyone!