7 lbs so far

Options
In the past two weeks. ..since I have been logging and paying attention to diet, I have list 7 lbs. I feel pretty good about that. I haven't added much exercise yet but I have a plan to start walking today. In October I was down to 250 lbs but I gained weight back up to 273. I am down to 266 today and my goal is back to 250 by early March. Once I reach that point my next goal is 230. I haven't been that weight in more than ten years. After I reach 230, my next goal is 215. I haven't been that weight since I was a teenager. Once I reach 215, I want to go for 200 lbs. My final goal is 175 lbs, for now. I will see how I feel once I reach that point, but I would like to reach 160 as the destination. I'm just going to do it and not accept excuses from myself. Complacency is a problem for me because I have been overweight since age 10. I'm used to it so I don't know what it would be like to be any different. I am also a little scared of being smaller. I don't know why. I just am. I would appreciate encouragement and support so please feel free to add me as a friend. Thank you all!

Replies

• sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    congradulations! its good that you are setting small and long term goals thats great! I recommend to keep your head healthy add body positivity, add bp pages in IG, fb, pinterest etc to help you from going to any dark places that should help with the fear you mentioned :)
  • HappyHope0123
    HappyHope0123 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Stay active!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I love that you have set incremental goals for your self, and that you are starting walking (which is great for the body and the mind - taking time focus on positive outlook for yourself). You can do it!
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I struggle too with "complacency". I'm not obese, but I'm on the very high end of a healthy weight. I feel uncomfortable sometimes (every time I bend down I grunt, lol), but I get stuck in a frame of mind that "Well, things could be worse, so why bother trying to improve". Then my weight does start to creep up, my back starts bothering me and then I jump back on the band wagon, trying to improve my fitness and health. I'm tired of the yo-yo-ing.