for those of you who don't believe

Options
starvation mode is a real thing, and honestly i'm getting a little tired of people not believing it.
now i just posted this on someone else's topic, but i'm going to put it here too cause its very important.

it takes close to 1200 calories for your body just to run its organs. so if you eat 900 calories and do no exercise for 4 weeks your body will begin to eat at its own fat. if you eat 900 calories with no exercise for 3 months your body will run out of energy to burn for activities like standing and walking down the street. your body begins to close its self off to burning extra calories and only uses calories and energy to make your organs work. your digestive system will get messed up, and then your respiratory system, your body will then begin to pump and move your blood cells a lot slower then normal. ultimately you'll get very sick because your body will be struggling with the few calories your allowing it.

starvation mode doesn't just happen over night, so if a couple days a month your at "starvation mode" you'll be fine, the warning is just that... a warning. your body can be put into starvation mode if you don't eat enough. yes, it will take time but still your body will slowly shut itself down. and if you don't believe me you should go to a clinic for the bulimic and anorexic and see what they have to say. cause i've been to one before when my friend had an eating disorder, and honestly it happens.

Replies

• avr1321
    Options
    starvation mode is a real thing, and honestly i'm getting a little tired of people not believing it.
    now i just posted this on someone else's topic, but i'm going to put it here too cause its very important.

it takes close to 1200 calories for your body just to run its organs. so if you eat 900 calories and do no exercise for 4 weeks your body will begin to eat at its own fat. if you eat 900 calories with no exercise for 3 months your body will run out of energy to burn for activities like standing and walking down the street. your body begins to close its self off to burning extra calories and only uses calories and energy to make your organs work. your digestive system will get messed up, and then your respiratory system, your body will then begin to pump and move your blood cells a lot slower then normal. ultimately you'll get very sick because your body will be struggling with the few calories your allowing it.

starvation mode doesn't just happen over night, so if a couple days a month your at "starvation mode" you'll be fine, the warning is just that... a warning. your body can be put into starvation mode if you don't eat enough. yes, it will take time but still your body will slowly shut itself down. and if you don't believe me you should go to a clinic for the bulimic and anorexic and see what they have to say. cause i've been to one before when my friend had an eating disorder, and honestly it happens.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Amen sista!!
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thankyou....I always maintain that you should find out what your BMR is and never go below that regardless of what any 'diet plan' says you should be eating for calories. I love this site bcause it lets me calculate everything....however I struggle with the fact that it tells alot of people to only consume 1200-1300 calories per day, and then calculating adding your exercise calories on top of that. I think you need to find your BMR and then start adding exercise calories. But that's just my opinion. My personal BMR is 1450+/- so I have gone into my profile and changed my calculator from 1200/day to 1400 per day.
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Thank you! :happy:

dd
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a bit annoyed myself. Thanks for the info:smile:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you rock! thanks for the info makes sense to me!!!:flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Absolutely 100% true. I am a recovered bulimarexic (had both disorders) and would never wish to go back to that hellish nightmare again. People don't realize that it messes severely with the electrolytes in your brain, making you into someone you do not want to be. Do not allow yourself to go there...ever.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thankyou....I always maintain that you should find out what your BMR is and never go below that regardless of what any 'diet plan' says you should be eating for calories. I love this site bcause it lets me calculate everything....however I struggle with the fact that it tells alot of people to only consume 1200-1300 calories per day, and then calculating adding your exercise calories on top of that. I think you need to find your BMR and then start adding exercise calories. But that's just my opinion. My personal BMR is 1450+/- so I have gone into my profile and changed my calculator from 1200/day to 1400 per day.

That is a very good rcommendation and guidline to follow, it makes complete sense.
    thank you.