65 pounds down. Weight is only part of the equation.

Options
Posted this to facebook this morning... hope my words can help someone here:

I've been busting my butt at the gym: two hours of cardio/strength training 4-5 days a week for almost a month while continuing to watch what I eat and I've lost only two pounds!!

...But I'm not discouraged. I've done my homework and I know that weight isn't the be-all; end-all indicator of health. My body composition is changing. I'm burning fat and gaining muscle mass. Clothes that were tight on me three weeks ago fit me perfectly now, and I'm full of energy during the day and sleeping a little better at night. I know people who are very, very sick with diseases and disorders they can't change and I'm so lucky my health is currently under my control. I owe it to others and to myself to take care of it, even when the task seems daunting and unrewarding--it's really not! There's no finish line I have to race to... this is how I plan to live the rest of my life.

I hope those of you on a similar path are having success. If things stall for a while; keep going and you will gain momentum again. If you're thinking about adopting a healthier lifestyle... DO IT! ☺ Patience and perseverance are what are working for me.

65 pounds down!!!

Replies

• santamilque
    santamilque Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is inspirational! Thanks for posting.
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You're welcome!

Best of luck to both of you (we all know luck doesn't really factor in, though; it's WORK)!
  • LeahIsALoser
    Options
    44 pounds is a huge accomplishment! I know you can make it to your goals!
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This is so true! Your username cracked me up!
    :joy: you are awesome keep it up!
  • LeahIsALoser
    Options
    Thank you, Cassandra!
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Very true. Good job.
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Amen sista!!! You've hit the nail square on the head.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!