Looking for other moms needing to lose >50 lbs

Options
I keep trying to find a group to join and I'm always too late since I'm not online constantly so you know what, I think I'll try to start one myself :-) I'd like to limit this to a total of 20 including myself and I'm looking for other moms who need to lose at least 50 lbs (I need to lose 70 lbs myself). I really struggle with finding time for exercise and eating right....I struggled with it before becoming a mom but even more so now. My primary reason for wanting to lose weight other than the obvious (looks, health issues) is to be a good example for my daughter. She's only 1 right now but she'll be watching me her whole life and I want her to see something different than what I am now.

Replies

• tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: At the begining of my journey I was at 60 pounds, I have lost 14 already, but I will be happy to join if you let me!
  • onelove09
    onelove09 Posts: 2
    Options
    I would join you too! I am a mom with a 1 year old son, and I need to lose about 50 pounds.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I would love to join, need total of 54lbs, I have 2 daughters 11 and 4.
  • Robyn1733
    Robyn1733 Posts: 58
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining you. I have 40 left to go, but already lost 98lbs. I like to encourage others on their new path.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I qualify, I had more then 100lbs to lose but have already lost 77lbs, I still have 23 more to go and then I will evaluate where I am at and see if I need to lose more. I am a sahm of 7, only 3 still at home and would love to find other moms that are in the same boat
  • MaeKhaleesi
    MaeKhaleesi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! would love to join. I know what you mean about not having time to work out. I have a 4 year old and it's nearly impossible to find time to work out and make healthy foods. I'm on my way to losing about 50 lbs, and I've found that if I let him "workout" with me I can get at least a small workout done, and I try to look online for some quick and easy recipes with low calories. It's helping a lot so far.
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    i am a mother of 3 and getting married june of 2012. i too would love to be in this group i need all the encouragement i can get. so far i have lost 26 pounds but need to lose another 45 before next year. Good luck to you and all mothers!!! i know how hard it can be just being a mom. :happy:
  • whitney22blue
    Options
    hi, would love to join you I have loads of pounds to loose, although I seem to find pounds easier rather than loose them, I dont have kids but I have a natty husband and cat.
  • tinalb28
    tinalb28 Posts: 22
    Options
    wow already lost over 90 pounds!! good job! ive lost a total of 26 so far in the last 6 months. if you dont mind telling me what are you doing to lose so much weight!!!
  • vmwelch1229
    vmwelch1229 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to join. I'm like you and I'm not online as often anymore and have at least 60 pounds to lose. I have a 1 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter.
  • shannonsnail
    shannonsnail Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome ladies - we're almost halfway there!
  • shannonsnail
    Options
    bump
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    hello idlove to join im a young mom of 3 kids ages 7,5,and 2 i need to lose atleast 67 pounds and see how i feel when i get there
  • fjune
    fjune Posts: 27
    Options
    I am right there with ya! I am a mom of two and I need to lose at least 80 pounds. It's good to see that there are others out there that are doing great and like myself, need the motivation and support. I would be happy to join!
  • shannonsnail
    Options
    Okay, we need 8 more folks however I'm thinking if we just get 3 more I'll close it at 15 :-) Be thinking of a name for our team!
  • shannonsnail
    Options
    Okay ladies, it's been hours and no one else has responded so I say we close with what we have and get on with it. I'm going to start a thread for our 1st weigh-in. I'm going to call it Moms Losing 50 (Closed Group) so look for that thread in the Motivation and Support forum and enter your Intro and starting weight no later than the evening of Wednesday the 20th. Thanks!!
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    am i too late to join? i am a mum to a 10 year old and looking to lose 80lbs.
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, if you are still looking for some moms! I need to lose a lot [as you can tell my my CW - GW lol. :)
  • shannonsnail
    Options
    You can certainly join, it would be nice to have some more folks too - look for the post I described and post your info by end of day Wednesday and you'll be part of the group!
  • araymon1
    araymon1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining. I have a daughter that is 14 months old. I have 85-100 pounds to loose. I am already down about 20. It is really hard to find time to work out but good to know I am not alone. I hope that it is not to late to join, I just found this today and I am new to the site. _Amber