Instagram workout trainers- anyone hire any?

Options
Looking to hire one for the workout plan but dont really want the meal plan as i want to follow MFP and not a diet. Just wondering if any were good

also, if i do get one, im sure its ok to just follow the workout and not the diet right? only reason is the one im speaking to can customize the workout around my injuries.

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Why an Instagram trainer?
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Literally anyone can go on IG and try to sell you a workout plan. Proceed with caution.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has good workout plans - they have a couple of free 5 day plans you can try. all of their videos themselves are free and then they sell 4 or 8 weeks workout plans where they tell you which workout to do each day for those weeks...once you buy them you can re-use them as many times as you want. or you can sort of see how they put together the free ones and then put together your own. the ones they offer to buy are pretty inexpensive and then you don't have to think about it.

of course, i'm not sure what types of plans you're looking for. if you're looking to work around injuries you might be better off finding a good qualified trainer in real life.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Do not find a "trainer" on instagram. So many people do ONE competition and think they're a trainer. There are tons of free workouts online. There's a whole thread here dedicated to helping people pick a workout plan. Don't pay a stranger for a workout...unless you want to send me some money...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this isn't against TOS, mods please delete if it is.

I hired a well respected online trainer who is part of these forums. I'm quite happy so far.

Please shoot me a message and I can give you more details.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I would say no. First I'm cheap, so if I were paying money for this service I would want to be able to get references, check them out, etc. Some stranger online? No way to know if they know anything about the service they are selling.
    raven56706 wrote: »
    Looking to hire one for the workout plan but dont really want the meal plan as i want to follow MFP and not a diet. Just wondering if any were good

also, if i do get one, im sure its ok to just follow the workout and not the diet right? only reason is the one im speaking to can customize the workout around my injuries.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Do not find a "trainer" on instagram. So many people do ONE competition and think they're a trainer. There are tons of free workouts online. There's a whole thread here dedicated to helping people pick a workout plan. Don't pay a stranger for a workout...unless you want to send me some money...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

There goes my "business plan" ;)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this isn't against TOS, mods please delete if it is.

I hired a well respected online trainer who is part of these forums. I'm quite happy so far.

Please shoot me a message and I can give you more details.

I think I would pick one from here as well. I see the trainer at my gym rush women around in circles and would want someone that I know gets lifting heavy.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lots of good online trainers that can be found. Instagram isn't the place to look. Although I'm sure some (or all) of the good trainers have IG accounts as well. But we are all assuming you mean the ripped 22 year old, or half naked booty shot girl.