Just starting, again

Options
I'm 43 year old woman. Have about 25 pounds to lose. 5'7" 175 to start, but am down to 168 after 3 weeks. Sticking to 1200 cal, as recommended by MFT. Improve about 5lbs fluctuation from morning till eve. Is that normal? Also, feel like I should be seeing a faster at loss. I am really sticking to calories, but am not feeling that great- headaches more frequently. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jackiechenery62
    jackiechenery62 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as we seem alike
    Jackie
  • carriesirico
    carriesirico Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great. Just trying to figure out how to add friends
  • DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Carrie, I'm no doctor, but have been exercising for just a week 4 days in had lost 8lb and then put 6lb back on. For me this was down to day 5 & 6 as I had to up my carbs for an energy spike and although this pushed my weight back up, I'm realising that the overall weight loss should still be going down.
    I also put it down to, if I can put it bluntly 'not going', after 2 days I feel like a brown bear getting ready for hibernation!
    I think this problem might be a similar issue to your headaches believe it or not, we both need to increase our water intake, I drink too much coffee and got to force myself to drink at least 6 pints per day and might have to increase that to & pints, if I continue with the intense exercise I do!
    Try 6-8 pints of (filtered) water every day and see if that helps after a week!?

• carriesirico
    carriesirico Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I actually think I have to increase carbs and pull back on some of the water. Might have depleted my sodium a bit yesterday. Which also means I have to pay close attention to get up to my sodium goal. I appreciate your input.
  • Tum22
    Tum22 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have in the past felt unwell only having 1200 calories a day and being honest that I rarely manage it. In order to manage it without climbing the walls with weakness and hunger pangs I have to eat lots of eggs, low calorie fish or meat so that I get the protein and then I don't get headaches. I also try to keep my carbs down.