Breakfast and Lunch ideas?

Options
What is a simple but good for you breakfast? I like to keep my breakfast and lunch simple because I like to save my calories for dinner.

Replies

• Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I eat approx. 65% of my calories in the evening, so I hear ya!

I often will do protein shakes (protein powder and unsweetened almond milk) for a quick and easy breakfast. *technically* they are not intended to be meal replacements, but they fill me up and are so darn easy.

My go to quick and simple lunch is some nuts (yay cashews!), a cheese stick, some sliced deli meat and maybe some baby carrots or fruit. Easy to portion and transport.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have 2 boiled eggs, Greek yogurt and fruit. I also have 140 calories worth of coffee with sugar and half and half. I am at maintenance now but when I was at a deficit I might just have 1 egg and fruit or yogurt but still had the coffee. I like tuna with wheat thins and guacamole and laughing cow cheese for lunch. At a deficit I skipped the guacamole. I also eat a lot of the Progresso light soups for lunch in the winter and in the summer time I'm more likely to eat salads for lunch. I also like to save most of my calories for my dinner.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Simple breakfasts are usually frittatas or egg muffins that I heat and eat. Usually in the 100-150 calorie range.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Take a muffin pan and spray Pam in it. Line them with fresh spinach leaves. Add diced tomatoes and then cover in egg whites. 45 calories a pop. Perfect breakfast
  • nowNOTthenmylife
    nowNOTthenmylife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My quick breakfast are a cup wallaby Greek yogurt with a fruit or like 3 boiled eggs and a slice of bread, or applesauce and cottage cheese
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I have bacon, eggs, and a banana nearly every morning. 350 calories. I usually have dinner in the middle of the day, so that is usually meat, two vegetables and a cornbread muffin. But for supper it could be a hotdog, or a ham sandwich, or just a bowl of cereal. And then the rest is just whatever.
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like 1/2 sweet potato, a poached or soft boiled egg, and some avocado or guac with crushed chili pepper flakes on top.
  • pwedge68
    pwedge68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love all of the ideas and I think we all are benefiting from this blog.
  • Tgmcmonigle
    Tgmcmonigle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    200 calorie bowl of cereal for breakfast, then a ~300 calorie 6" sandwich from Subway for lunch. This leaves plenty of room for a decent evening meal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt "parfait" - Greek yogurt, berries, Fiber One cereal & chopped nut sprinkles.

Homemade egg McMuffins - bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan (cut into 9 servings). Freeze portions along with Canadian bacon slices. Serve with a slice of 2% cheese and a toasted high fiber English muffin.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    I like 1/2 sweet potato, a poached or soft boiled egg, and some avocado or guac with crushed chili pepper flakes on top.

That sounds awesome. I may have that for lunch soon.
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A piece of wholemeal toast without crust, and smoked salmon (snip bits that were on offer btw, not rich!). Otherwise poached egg and crustless toast. I do the same as you-save calories for dinner!