curbing my cravings

Options
Hi All, I wanted to see if there is anything that you have found to be successful in curbing the cravings? I want junk all the time... How can I stop this and focus on healthy?

Replies

• sagemarie45
    sagemarie45 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Girl preach. I don't have the answers but I feel you. My solution is throw it all out of the house. It doesn't stop cravings but it helps. I think the cravings lessen the more you cut the addicting sugar out. I mean right?
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Chewing a lot of sugar-free gum! Also tea.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If that's a recent picture of you, I can infer that you're not particularly overweight.

What is your weight, height, and TDEE? What is your goal in turning to myfitnesspal for help?
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You're not gonna like it.......... Lol, what works for me is going for a long walk. I'm sure any exercise would work.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I find an alternative that fits my macros. Maybe try making the treat yourself OR finding an alternative that's decent enough to satisfy until you can go without it completely.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey first. Then either go to bed (and cry) or get out of the house. I went shopping for a few hours and found it took my mind off of it so that I was feeling obsessed by it.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I have gone cold turkey. My treats are tea and yogurt. Just have to deny that side of my brain, because it's a slippery slope for me. I cannot buy a package that has more than one serving so that eliminates a lot of junk options. Sure, tea does not equal chocolate. But my vanilla Chai is crazy tasty and I'd rather lose weight than eat chocolate.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm the same way. Try finding a nut that you like...a bag of pistachios or almonds works for me. But at the end of the day, only good old fashioned self-discipline keeps me from stopping at dunkin donuts every morning.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Having just a small portion of what I am craving works sometimes. Sometimes a walk, gum, or tea will do the trick. Also really helpful is to keep busy.