182lbs 5ft1

Options
I am currently 182lbs and am 5ft1. I want to be 120lbs to be in my healthy weight range. What is the biggest tip when starting out. I have tried to do this so many times and always lose 3-6lbs and quit. I hope to stay motivated and reach my goal.

Replies

• suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started last March at about 195, I'm 5 foot even.im down to 128, trying to loose a few more. You have got to want it bad, look inside yourself and pull on you inner strength.definately weigh and log everything you eat, we are so short every calorie counts.I definately read a lot of the storys here and used all the advice people give. Certain foods fill me up, certain foods make me humgry. You will find yours. Definately start now! My biggest regret is I didn't start years ago. It is so great going into any store and knowing the clothes are going to fit.I was so sick of the woman's clothing section .In short I guess my biggest tip is weight and log food, start NOW! Once you drop a couple of sizes and start feeling better it gets easier.
  • LoeyJones
    LoeyJones Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We have similar stats. I'm somewhere between 5'1" and 5'2" and weigh around 190. I'm looking to lose 60-65lbs over the next year or so. I'm friend requesting you - I hope that's okay! Anyone with similar stats looking for MFP buddies feel free to add me as well :smiley:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am currently 182lbs and am 5ft1. I want to be 120lbs to be in my healthy weight range. What is the biggest tip when starting out. I have tried to do this so many times and always lose 3-6lbs and quit. I hope to stay motivated and reach my goal.

A few tips -

#1 Do not expect perfection. Don't give up and start over (someday) when you screw up. We all screw up. Log it, shake it off....move on. You don't need perfection to lose weight....you just need improvements.

#2 Move more. It doesn't have to be anything radical. Get a pedometer, make some goals. ANYTHING is better than camping out on the couch. Look for fun active things you can do.
  • jacobhillman
    jacobhillman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hit that 3-6 lbs barrier, then BUST it. 10+ lbs can show a big difference, and more loss means more change... You just have to want it.
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    do measurements youll see more changes then you will on the scale