1200 cal binge

Options
loulouowens
loulouowens Posts: 103 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all

Today was my first day in higher cals since decreasing my weight loss rate. And ive binged, totally uncontrollably. I had a homemade dinner and was full. Then it got to 8:30pm and i just binged by 1200cals fell awfull now and scared i will gain this week! I weigh in on Tuesday so have 4 days of damage control.

Ive been on the path since june last year and usally when i feel like binging i can talk myself out of it but i was like a wild animal tonight! So gutted feel like crying

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Exactly what's written above!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I know it is so much easier said than done, but don't beat yourself up. *kitten* happens, life happens and no one can be 100% perfect all the time. You had a small setback in the grand scheme of things. Dust yourself off and get back on track. Don't carry the binge with you emotionally. Also, don't do "damage control", just go about your next few days on plan as you have up until now. There is no need to punish yourself for this.

Adding to the others agreeing with this advice. Trying to do damage control often leads to doing more damage in the long run. It's best to just move on.

As you settle in further along your weight loss path, you'll become more comfortable with stumbles along the path. It's okay to have days where you overdo things. Sometimes, you might even plan for them, like on holidays or special occasions. Getting back on track usually smooths over the rough patches. You'll see.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Move on.
  • Joshuakilgore
    Joshuakilgore Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It'll be alright I binged the other day at a Mexican restaurant ate chicken steak nachos and a cheese burrito still lost almost 7 pounds this week don't stress.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Don't let it derail you. Btdt. Just accept it as part of being human, and the next time you're tempted (and there will be a next time) remind yourself that you didn't even really taste beyond the first bite. And remind yourself how stuffed you felt. Maybe take the first bite, log it, and move on. Or not. Either way it won't make any difference on this lifelong journey, unless you derail. Then you'll undo some or all of your hard work.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing tomorrow is a new day. You don't have to live this over again, or do damage control. You just go back to normal
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The "damage" amounts to 1/3 of a pound. Learning to move on is crucial to long-term success so I hope you can take this as an opportunity to do so.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Exactly what everyone else said.

It happened. Tomorrow is a new day--put it behind you and get back on track. One day of overeating will not derail all of your hard work, but letting it discourage you could.
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    All the wonderful, positive, affirmation in this thread completely makes up for all the "people here are so mean" threads that pepper the site throughout the week!

To the OP, I do hope you will take the advice given and move on emotionally from the binge. You aren't derailed in the big scheme of things! One thing I read here awhile back is (and I wish I could remember who wrote it so as to give proper credit!) if you were on a road trip and got a flat tire, you wouldn't give up and return home. You would fix the tire and continue your trip! It was written more eloquently by whoever said it, but you get the point :)

Tomorrow is a new day with a whole fresh set of calories in your bank! I love new days! :smiley:
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Have you taken a maintenance break? It's kind of important for mental health and it's good because it MIGHT raise your leptin levels a bit. It's also nice practice. Trust me...you want to be logging accurately if you switch to maintenance for two weeks :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    You won't ever gsin 1/3 pound from that, relax. You might gain a few pounds on the scale because of water weight due to eating excess carbs & sodium, bug that will come off in a week.

Try to just move on and not do that again...

Do you know why you binged? Usuallybits from restricting too much but yours was oddly from increasing calories. Did you eat a lot of sugar or carbs earlier in the day? That can increase appetite.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have BED and I can easily eat upwards of 8k calories a day if it's bad. You just have to learn to forgive yourself and move on. Don't worry about what weight you may have gained because 1200 calories is roughly 1/3 of a pound. In the grand scheme of things, that's really nothing to worry about.
  • loulouowens
    loulouowens Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all

WOW! thank you all so much for your positive replies, certainly made me feel much better. I've dusted myself off and started today with a positive attitude and outlook.

you're right these things will happen, its drawing a line under it and not continuing into the next day etc

x
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! We have all been there. I have spent an hour foraging in my pantry like a grizzly bear :) It's not what you do on any one day its what you do over the long haul.