Weight Loss/Detox

Options
How much weight can a person really lose a weight to be effective and for it to stay off? I have read anywhere between 1-2 pounds, but sometimes it takes me 2 weeks to lose that? I am wondering does anyone do anything to detox to assist with weight loss? Any recommendations would be great.

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a herbal tea a family friend of ours prepares for detox. it's AMAZING!!!! Never a day of constipation and gets rid of wasteful deposits!!! I love this tea!!

http://www.amysherbaltea.com/
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Have you looked in to the HCG Diet. I am doing it for the third time. It is hard but it works and stays off.
    Good luck! :wink:
  • snoland81
    snoland81 Posts: 19
    Options
    1-2 pounds a week is what I have been loosing when I do loose which stays off really well! A really good, clean and healthy detox I was taught by a personal trainer was this! Fresh deli cut Lean meats, fruits and veggies! Oh, and water. You can have oil/vinegar for dressing. For ONE week eat nothing but these things and you will get rid of all the un-needed things in your body. I lost about 6lbs in that week I did that, and I ate as much of it as I needed in order to not feel hungry. Any longer on that type of diet and you are doing harm to your body because you NEED carbs....the good ones anyway! Then once you've done that, start adding whole grains back into your diet. Only 1-2 servings a day is what he recommended. Clean eating is key! Stop junking up your body with processed junk! Anything that comes in a box or bag is probably something to stay away from. The longer you do this the less you want the things that are bad for you! Good luck!
  • snoland81
    snoland81 Posts: 19
    Options
    The HCG diet is very dangerous! Please be careful! I have a local doctor here in my town that had a women in the hospital because of the stress a 500 cal a day diet put on her heart! You want the same results with just as hard of work? Put in the time working out and eating a healthy 1200 cals a day! It works and stays off and you can eat and not feel like your starving! 500 cals a day is not enough for your brain to function.....PERIOD! Any doctor that tells you that 500 cals a day is safe must be the one selling you the HCG!!! Not trying to sound like I'm attacking you, but this is such a rediculous diet it is like all the other DIETS....quick fix! But it will come back plus some if you start eating more than 500 cals a day! I've witnessed it in many people!!!! Any "diet" that cuts out entire food groups for a long period of time is not healthy, and any "diet" that tells you NOT to workout is not healthy! Our bodies were made to move! Humans were created before TV, internet, cars and fast food!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. I will not and refuse to do the HCG diet. Everyone I known who has done has gained more weight back or become very sick afterwards from not eating right.
  • EWilliamson
    EWilliamson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    DON"T DO HCG...I know about 5 people who are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay heavier than they were in the start! Hard work is where its at. NO PAIN NO GAIN...its true :) Good Luck! U can do it!