Weight Loss Friends! Lets do this together!!!!

Options
Hello everyone!
I am looking for motivated individuals who are willing to partner with me on their weight loss journey. We can hold each other accountable, share our successes, and reach when we need the extra support to continue on our journey. I started my current weight loss journey at 286 pounds on Jan 9, 2017 and have lost 8 pounds since then by cutting down my calories, focusing on lean protein and cutting off carbs to about 80-100 grams a day. I am also working out 4 times a week. My goal and ideal weight for my height and body composition is 195-200 pounds. Throughout my life I have struggled with my weight. One of the causes for this is that I tend to be an all or nothing type of person. Which means that either I will eat super clean and go to the gym every day or eat what ever I desire and not even go for a walk. Today I am trying to change that destructive mind set by taking positive steps. I have tried every program out there but I have come to the conclusion that I was always looking for the easy way out to deal with my weight. I was willing to throw away hundreds of dollars for a quick fix but now I have learned that I need to be willing to do the work and accept the fact that I can never go back eating the way I was eating if I am going to be successful.

If you are also looking to partner up and help each other on this journey let me know and we can add each other as friends and do this thing together! I know for a fact that if I can help another person with their weight loss I will be helping myself in the process.

Replies

• ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far ..... I have lost 91 lbs in 2 years ...you are welcome to add me :)
  • Fightingtostayfit30
    Options
    Hi, good night. Nice to meet u. It would be my pleasure to share ur journey with u. My starting weight was 240lbs Im currently 217lbs. I was at 184lbs but I let things get out of control and stop exercising for 1yr and gained almost all the weight back...but Im in it to the end this time
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Add me in
  • marielm87
    marielm87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello I am currently starting my weight loss goal as well. Add me and we can be together.
  • WellyWelly
    WellyWelly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exactly my attitude. Positive at the moment but nice to have same peers to keep each other positive. We can do this together.
  • 26DEEP91
    26DEEP91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add friend
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss thus far! :) I recently started my journey (again). Always looking for new friends, feel free to add me too!
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    hiya everyone . pulling my finger out and getting back in to a proper frame of mind . at least 30 kg to get rid of before even being close to ok . 40 is the ultimate prize , i am not a hugely social person [ aspergers ] but it could be nice sometimes to have the occasional opportunity to buddy up for gym/walk/exercise with someone in a similar manner . i am near nepean/hawkesbury but don't mind driving a little if time allows . if you really want to know what type of fruitcake i am , take a gander at my ticker , that's my 68 stick shift auto beetle [ manual gears but no clutch ] and yes I drive it like I stole it BWAHAHAHA
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Same, looking for active friends.... Need serious help getting back on track
  • RYIwill
    RYIwill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. Count me in on weight loss journey! I need help with healthy eating. I have 25kg to loose (55lbs).