Snow Shovelling

Options
I have 3 kilometers of sidewalk to shovell today and there is about 30cm of wet heavy snow. Anyone know what I can consider that type of activity?

Thanks

PS if you wanna grab a shovel and help feel free!:smile::smile:

Replies

• soopatodd
    Options
    I have 3 kilometers of sidewalk to shovell today and there is about 30cm of wet heavy snow. Anyone know what I can consider that type of activity?

Thanks

PS if you wanna grab a shovel and help feel free!:smile::smile:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing a while back. (I live in Wisconsin) You can go to the link below ... search for show shoveling and enter your weight ect. Happy shoveling :)

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/exerciseinfopage.html
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    depends on a lot of stuff, but a vigorous workout shoveling is between 300 and 400 cals per hour generally (if you're in 1/2 way decent shape, probably more if you are really out of shape.)
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ok...that was TOTALLY weird because I was wondering the EXACT SAME thing (snow shoveling) and got on the EXACT SAME website to find out no more than 10 minutes ago!!!!! De ja vu!!! (I think I spelled that right.) It said that I burned 325 cals for an hour. I definitely sweated my butt of outside!!! :laugh:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just got on the site to post the same question. I was out there for about and hour and a half shoveling snow and ice out of my driveway and the sidewalk. I was dripping wet when I was done and I know I'll feel it tomorrow!:ohwell:
  • soopatodd
    Options
    Well, I'm half way done. Gonna eat some dinner and git baack at 'er!
    \

Thanks for the help!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I shoveled my driveway and sidewalk yesterday, with my HRM on... heavy snow (8" plus) and ice combination..

459 calories in an hour and 15 minutes...

not bad! :drinker:

My average heart rate was about 120... let me tell you though, I am sore today... I used a lot of muscles yesterday that I don't normally use while doing ZUMBA and step classes...

anyway, I was impressed with the calorie burn for 75 minutes...