Worst binge ever... time to pick up!

Options
So some of you may have read my binge post I basically ate 4 packs of crisps, tin of soup, 2 slices of bread, 3 bakewell tarts and 2 munchies ice creams in the space of 45 mins all on top of my 1200 calories which I set myself so in total about 2600 calories today ouch!

Anyway I have gotten over it, I just went on a little jog not much because I literally cannot move but I just wanna know how do you motivate yourself? how to you stop a binge? how to you attack those little niggly cravings?

Help me please that was the worst binge ever. I really cannot be doing that again.

It is now 8pm so I am just gonna work out a whole lot more tomorrow.

Replies

• kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    People who bing (myself included) benefit a lot from Counceling..

Because binging is beyond physical hunger, it becomes a mental issue... and counceling can be very beneficial..

I plan on starting counceling as soon as possible.
  • Catarean
    Catarean Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't stress yourself out Dani! You'll get back on track I'm sure. 8pm isn't too late to do a little housework, organize a drawer, pack a quick box of donations... you'll burn a few more calories and you'll feel better about yourself before you go to bed. We learn from every little trip... we get stronger every time we pick ourselves up and start again. HUG!
  • alphasigalum
    Options
    good for you for journaling! I have issues with binging as well. Feel free to add me as a friend for added support
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Binging must be a lady thing... don't think I've ever had the urge to stuff myself out of the blue.. or ever heard of a guy doing that. Hmm.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If you feel it's more of a mental thing, as far as a habit you mentally can't control, you can try Kelly Howell's Sacred body guided meditation cd, It really worked for me to help repattern my habits, but you have to be consistent with it. You can get it on amazon or itunes. It really has helped I have only had one binge and that was last night haha. I am really stressed because of horrible houseguests though so my guard slipped after I had a few glasses of wine. I am right back to normal today though.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Often I have to battle the "I've mucked this day up now, might as well muck it up some more" thought, whereas stopping in the middle of a binge is a perfectly sensible option and does less damage. The trick is to remember this is a valid option in the middle of a binge (very difficult in the thick of it).

Biggest thing I'd have to say is not to punish yourself over a binge (this includes purging, excessive exercise afterwards or laxatives) but to acknowledge it wasn't a good day and carry on. Punishing yourself can not only be demotivating, but trigger another binge or derail your weight loss journey somewhat. You're going to be doing this weight loss journey for a few months at least, so although you're not at a calorie deficit today, you will be in a few day's time.

Finally, reassess your calorie goal. If it's too low it may be triggering binges due to a lack of satisfaction. If you've only got 21 lbs to go according to your profile, you should really aim for a 1 lb/week loss, which will give you some more calories and hopefully reduce the sense of deprivation.

Hope this helps a little!
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    Binging must be a lady thing... don't think I've ever had the urge to stuff myself out of the blue.. or ever heard of a guy doing that. Hmm.

Guys don't usually talk to each other about their binging habits like females do. My brother had instances of binging.
  • SunnyRolland1
    SunnyRolland1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It takes an extra 3500 calories to gain 1 pound. So....no problem, just get right back on track and you're good to go. The problem isn't so much the binge, it's what you do next. You'll be fine!
  • ueloyalist
    ueloyalist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not just a "lady thing".

I don't do it any more, but I've been known to binge on occasion.
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options

My husband does it! Sometimes he just cant stop.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Binging can be a problem for either gender. Eating disorders also affect either gender but is often seen as a 'female disorder' due to its greater (but not overwhelming) prevalence in women. This overlooks men with the disorder and makes it harder for them to get help...
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Not sure why I did it or have done it in the past.... doesn't happen very often as I am pretty strict with myself but when it does it is insane! I logged it all in my diary and it is horrific...

I even ate chicken and mushroom soup and meat flavoured crisps... im a veggie what the hell?!?!?! so strange! (pretty ashamed of this fact)
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I had to start writing down what triggered my binges and i also wrote down things i could do instead, then i had to clean house so to speak and rid my cabinets of all those trigger foods, until i could be trusted. You shouldnt deny yourself comfort food. but until i could have moderation it had to go. baby steps... i am still in the process too. i see a Dr once a month for my issues lol Good luck with this, i had to just try to do something else when i knew i was going to binge. and if you can figure out your triggers then its possible.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    I am assuming with the Bakewells you live in Europe. I am here in the US and thank god they only sell them at the british stores or I would be in a world of trouble. I always end up getting them whenever I go to a british store (luckily not very often) Then I can't think of anything else until they are gone.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Ah ok. Guess I was making too quick of a generalization.
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am assuming with the Bakewells you live in Europe. I am here in the US and thank god they only sell them at the british stores or I would be in a world of trouble. I always end up getting them whenever I go to a british store (luckily not very often) Then I can't think of anything else until they are gone.

Yeah from the UK... I ended up having to throw the other 3 away haha! so terrible. Can't just leave it had to get rid of them. I purposely went out to buy most of the food i binged on myself ( i live with parents so usually just stay away from all the junk they buy) pretty weird day :/ don't think i need councilling like others mentioned just one of those days I think :/
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Chocolates, peanut butter and cereal seem to be my binge foods. The best thing to do is try to see what is triggering your binges. for me its when i would have softball games after work and would only be able to eat about 200 calories of something before the games ( i tend to get sick if i eat to much before working out) once i would get home I would pig out until i couldnt eat anything else.