Any other ladies out there over 50 fighting to stay strong, healthy and fit?

Options
124»

Replies

• Joannevee2016
    Joannevee2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    looking for friends to make my accountable.
  • Collieluv
    Collieluv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will be 70 in December and I would like to stay healthy. I work part time in a day care, caring for 3,4 and 5 year old children. I say this is what keeps me young. I am going to retire in June, 2017, and I have a fear of getting lazy, fatter and old. I say old because people that I just meet think I am 56-60. I need all the inspiration I can get.
  • nurselinda8
    nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Month 4, Day9 -- I am still on my plant based only diet and doing pretty good!! I have lost a total of 44 lbs and feel a whole lot better!!! I highly recommend this lifestyle to anyone!!sum27oli1lxw.jpg
    4139m20vv1jl.jpg
  • dlite4lady
    dlite4lady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, you look great. Keep it up. I am doing the keto diet. Iam finally getting the hang of it. Havent lose any weight but the inches are coming off. I need to take photos so i can actually see the difference. Hoping this way of eating will help my fibromyalgia and weight loss a bonus.
  • mishtruman
    mishtruman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I turned 50 in October and wanting to be better than my 30s and 40s! I started Keto Jan 1 and am down 15.2 pounds so far. Looking forward to sharing ideas :))
  • sae12
    sae12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone being over 50 I've noticed losing weight is a struggle, but I'm determined I will not give up. I'm eating healthier, exercising more. and I try to stay away from processed food
  • DJ2963
    DJ2963 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Common theme here is we've all or at least most of us have been on MFP at some point prior to now and we've all lost and regained. Well I am in this group as well and now working on getting back on track. I am 53 and baby stepping my activity level but working on it. I am up to 2 miles of walking, which is sometimes hard as I work night shift at a hospital, its not the nights I work its the day after that I don't walk, I am usually pretty drained. I wouldn't mind the buddy system. Team work keeps me honest.