8 weeks & over 26 lbs lost

Options

Replies

• lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    wow excellent you can really see the loss especially in your face and bottom(hope you don't mind me saying that). i would be so excited you have done really well keep up the great work.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    wow great progress!!! :)
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    WOW ! YOU CAN TELL!!!!! DOING GOOD!!!!!
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look so good! keep it up!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    wow thats great
  • vtakougang
    vtakougang Posts: 46
    Options
    you look amazing good job!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    wow thats great
  • Maris165
    Maris165 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I can definately see you shrinking!!! Awesome!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good for you! :)
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    You are going to be a gorgeous weeny little thing when you are done. Go girl!!!!!!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You are looking fantastic! Keep up all the hard work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look amazing !!

:happy:
  • sailorsbabydoll
    sailorsbabydoll Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great pictures - you can totally tell a difference! Keep up the great work! Will send you a friend request for some motivation and encouragement - which we all can use:)
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    :) Keep up the good work. I can definitely see a difference in your face and slightly in your stomach area. You're doing great!!! Can't wait to see more pictures in the future. You can do it!!!
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you!!! I know how hard this all is and I'm glad you are keeping track.....as for me I need to get a scale and a tape measure to keep better track. Anything you are eating differently?
  • pinkandstars09
    Options
    how did you do it?
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support and kind words!!! I never expected to get this kind of response. :blushing:

I really don't have any secrets to share. I wish I had some magic trick to make it easier/faster, but I don't.

I started out with a small change - I stopped eating out, I reduced my portion sizes and really began to pay attention to the calories that I was putting in. I initially used the calorie suggestion that MFP gave me, based on height & weight to lose per week. I eat less processed foods and try to stick with fresh foods as much as possible.

Next, I started paying attention to carbs (because I'm a diabetic and really needed to be monitoring this to begin with) and sodium, as well. As I started to monitor these, the caloric intake became less & less. I feel like I generally eat what I want (within reason) and don't even come close to the calorie goals established by MFP. I eventually changed my calorie goal because it wasn't remotely realistic. So, I manually set it at 1500. I actually have the opposite problem now...Most days, I struggle to get all 1200 calories, which is the number my dietician told me I *need* to be getting, in order to get all my nutrients in.

The last thing I added was exercise. I hate it. lol Ask anyone that I've told about my journey thus far and I will freely admit to hating physical activity. BUT I knew that I needed to add it in order to get the weight to come off. At first, it was the bare minimum. I'd go for a short walk around the block, burn 200 calories and be okay with that. Then I got a couple workout DVDs, and was burning 300-500 calories per workout. And then I joined a couple challenges here on MFP. And that really prompted me to do more. The girls on my "rowing" team really inspire me to push myself harder and further. Being on this team really makes me feel like I'm being held accountable. As though they depend on me to burn as many calories as I can.

Again, thanks to all of you for your kind words!
  • dexters_dexterity
    dexters_dexterity Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    keep doing ur work! its working
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!