Personal BLT challenge (not the sandwich)

Options
I have noticed lately that although I am religious about logging my MEALS to the gram and ounce, but I look forward to and don't log the BLTs a lot. Bites Licks and Tastes.
I love to eat some PB when making sandwiches, eat 1/4 of a cookie when making my kids lunch...a bite of their waffle....on and on....I think it's holding me back. I'm running a weight loss challenge at work and my personal challenge is to log everything and eliminate the BLTs. So so hard so far! It's fascinating. I has leaning on them as feel good moments too often. Anyone else a BLT?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Not me! (I've even baked huge amounts of cakes during dieting/comp prep without even the lick of a spoon)

I don't have kids, so no random leftovers to pick at, and if I have spreads, I put the jar on the scale, tare it, take out the amount i need and then I can lick the knife/spoon without any extra blt's
  • kwasson123
    kwasson123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes BLT here. Ive never heard it called BLT but, guilty as charged. Now that I'm trying to log my food I am trying hard to just say no.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When I was shooting for a deficit, I logged every bite, lick, and taste. It was important for me in terms of accountability and I also wanted to know what was going on if I didn't lose as I expected.

Now that I am maintaining, I don't log them anymore. But if I found myself gaining weight, I would switch back. I also make sure I don't let a bite turn into multiple bites. If I have one potato chip off my husband's plate, I don't log it. But if I have three (like I did last night), I log it. Again, for accountability.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have noticed lately that although I am religious about logging my MEALS to the gram and ounce, but I look forward to and don't log the BLTs a lot. Bites Licks and Tastes.
    I love to eat some PB when making sandwiches, eat 1/4 of a cookie when making my kids lunch...a bite of their waffle....on and on....I think it's holding me back. I'm running a weight loss challenge at work and my personal challenge is to log everything and eliminate the BLTs. So so hard so far! It's fascinating. I has leaning on them as feel good moments too often. Anyone else a BLT?

i'll normally chew up a cookie but then spit out...still get the taste without the calories. Win Win #easymac
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Some things i don't log ... Like one slice of sweet pepper. But 1/4 cookie or a spoonful of PB? I absolutely log those. They are calorie dense. Many times 1/4 of a cookie IS my entire dessert.
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Total BLT er here. I have 3 picky kids, and a snack attack issue. I set my calories 200 lower than my actual deficit goal, and try to be mindful of the actual numbers going in. I'm lazy and love just a taste of stuff.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Guilty. I was really good through almost all of my weight loss. Then I took a maintenance break and got sloppy with logging and I'm having a hard time kicking the BLT habit.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Damn.

Now I want a BLT.

It's the next new diet craze. Easy mac is so over. #trollineasymac
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I will always see my weight creep with the BLTs. Ice cream lick is my worst.
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log them. When I don't it's usually because I stress thinking about how I don't know **exactly** the amount, so I don't know how to log it, and I don't. I definitely log more small, in-between things than I used it. I guess it mostly depends on how dedicated I am that day. Great idea, though - I'm going to make this my personal goal as well.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I found that if I chew gum, I don't take BLTs. Or, if I brush my teeth, I don't want to stink up my breath again, so I don't take BLTs, LoL. Whatever it takes!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I just started logging MOE's every day at 50 calories. MOE = Margin of Error. This accounts for things such as pam spray and any slight mismeasurement.

I have BLTs saved as a food, too. If I find that I have tasting the food as I cook, I will enter this in my journal as well.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I fail to track some foods Especially BLT"S I 'm bad when it comes tracking sometimes I try hard to remember and yet it slips my mind. Old age huh ? LOL
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    How much would you log? 1 gram? Ounce? How do you log such a tiny amount?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I have found a great tip to include that lick of the spoon calorie or 6. Instead on weighing what you put on your plate, weigh what you are taking out of the container. That way the licked spoon is included.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I actually did this with my dinner last night as I took a small bite of my boyfriend's sides for his dinner and his dessert. I logged it and overestimated (I have been weighing food for over a year so I'm aware of what most things look like) and it brought me over my daily calorie goal but I know for sure the three strips of cabbage coleslaw wasn't 40g so I would rather overestimate than under.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I don't always track my BLTs but some days I do. Just depends. If I've over estimated food in another meal then I don't usually care about a random BLT that day but other days I'm more strict.