175 lb women/size 8 or 9 pants/medium yoga pants/large size shirt... is anyone else similar to this?

Options
tracyyes
tracyyes Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have lost many inches but plateue on my weight loss. I weight 175lbs/size 8 or 9 pants/medium yoga pants/ large size shirts. Is there more people out there losing fatloss and gaining muscle? Have you felt like getting on the scale discourages your weight loss but see results?

Replies

• jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    166, 5'6, size 8-10. Yes, I try not to fixate on my weight, focusing instead on the fit of my clothes, my energy levels, my strength, and my attitude.

But I'll be honest, I was dealing with some water retention this last week thanks to weekend pizza. I knew what it was, 4lbs in two days isn't likely fat no matter how much pizza I ate. But I was still super frustrated, and contemplated quitting, because apparently a few extra slices of pizza = gaining back all the weight it took me 3 weeks to lose.

That seems to have passed, because the scale showes me back on track, but I'm not happy about my reaction, even when I knew it wasn't actually a real weight gain.
  • FlutterbyKiki
    FlutterbyKiki Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Once a week I drink this tea called Smooth Move, it tastes like fennel or anise. Recommend at night. By the morning, you will *dispose* of what smells like ancient intestinal goo built up. I feel cleaner and less bloated afterwards. Don't eat crap though!
  • tracyyes
    tracyyes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advise. I will keep in mind it might be the bloating/retention water. I will buy the tea for sure, I like to detox.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    tracyyes wrote: »
    I have lost many inches but plateue on my weight loss. I weight 175lbs/size 8 or 9 pants/medium yoga pants/ large size shirts. Is there more people out there losing fatloss and gaining muscle? Have you felt like getting on the scale discourages your weight loss but see results?

Wow are you really tall? I am 25 pounds lighter than you but wear a size 12. :(
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    jaymijones wrote: »
    166, 5'6, size 8-10. Yes, I try not to fixate on my weight, focusing instead on the fit of my clothes, my energy levels, my strength, and my attitude.

But I'll be honest, I was dealing with some water retention this last week thanks to weekend pizza. I knew what it was, 4lbs in two days isn't likely fat no matter how much pizza I ate. But I was still super frustrated, and contemplated quitting, because apparently a few extra slices of pizza = gaining back all the weight it took me 3 weeks to lose.

That seems to have passed, because the scale showes me back on track, but I'm not happy about my reaction, even when I knew it wasn't actually a real weight gain.

Okay you guys are killing me. I am a size 10 at 150 pounds, size 8 at 140. And I am 5'7"! You are 166 pounds at 5'6", wearing a size 8/10? Dang.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    5'7" 164-168lb size 8-10, M yoga pant, S-M shirt. I'm a steady size 8 once I hit 160 and down to a 6 when in the 150s
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    US clothes sizes are non-standardized. They really mean nothing. A size 4 can fit the same as a 10 of a different brand. You can lose or gain a pants size just by walking into a different store.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 147 lbs and wear a size 8 (US) pants or dresses, size M yoga pants, size S or M tshirt. I think it has to do with build (I'm defiantly more of a "pear" so it's hard for me to get into size 6 pants, as well as muscle mass (I'm not super muscle-y). And don't forget vanity sizing ;). What size you are will vary store to store, brand to brand, and even within the same brand depending on cut (and all too often color... Wtf?).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    US clothes sizes are non-standardized. They really mean nothing. A size 4 can fit the same as a 10 of a different brand. You can lose or gain a pants size just by walking into a different store.

Ya, I've had different model capris by the same BRAND supposedly the same size actually be a whole size off. Had to lose 20# to fit into the second pair.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Yeah, I have like 5 different sizes in my closet. The vanity sizing has REALLY gotten out of control. Even in the same brand - my older pants from 5+ years ago that are sizes 8 and 10 - I can't get them up at all, because I weight 30 pounds more than I did the last time I wore them. The pants that do fit, I bought all of them in the last 2 years, and they are size 10 and 12. The 12s are loose. The 10s are snug.
    My shirts are medium if they are a loose tunic or stretchy fabric, but I am very large chested, so if it is a button-down shirt it needs to be an XL, and even then the buttons are straining against my chest (but the shirt is HUGE everywhere else, falling off my shoulders). I wish I knew how to sew my own darts into shirts. I dream of having custom shirts that actually fit.
  • jaymijones
    jaymijones Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Okay you guys are killing me. I am a size 10 at 150 pounds, size 8 at 140. And I am 5'7"! You are 166 pounds at 5'6", wearing a size 8/10? Dang.

It's because I have very wide hips and no chest. I have to have padded bras to make dresses fit right without visiting a taylor. Those hips of mine throw everything off.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I hear you. At 130ish and 5'4" I can wear a size 8 jean and I thought I was getting skinny. :'(
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    ad7x3ook5lpb.png
    @FlutterbyKiki & @tracyyes:
    Please read what this tea is for! Occasional constipation, not as a dieting aid or cleanse! Also please read where it says "Drink responsibly." It specifically says it's not a cleanse. I'm only pointing this out as these teas can be dangerous when used on a regular basis! A persons body can get reliant on laxatives and when you try to stop, you'll find you can't have a BM on your own.
    Just a friendly suggestion.
    Good luck on your journey.