Getting older weight loss.

Options
Hi, I just downloaded the app. 50year old never been this heavy. Decided to diet and exercise. Three mile walk today. Hope to do 10 miles a week. Nice to have a good guide of calorie intake. App looking good.

Replies

• LorenzoDaGREAT
    LorenzoDaGREAT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well there is always a forst time for everything I hear. Your starting off great
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for friends :)
  • Savannah2990
    Savannah2990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and just started journey to loose the 20 pounds I've gained in last 1.5 yrs .
    I love being active and refuse to let this define who I am or want to be .
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I started when I was 45, I'm now 47 and 126lbs lighter and in a helluva lot better shape. I might even dare say I am in the best shape of my life (with a few exceptions). You can do this, my original goal was to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit 50. I've surpassed that already in so many ways.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    By a food scale and accurately track your calories. The walking is fantastic, but won't result in weight loss unless you eat less than you burn. Took me 63 years to figure that out. :D
  • bandb678
    bandb678 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job on the walking. A young 60 here who has lost some weight and could lose a little. Ore. Add me as a friend.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    By a food scale and accurately track your calories. The walking is fantastic, but won't result in weight loss unless you eat less than you burn. Took me 63 years to figure that out. :D

This. Exercise for health. Calorie deficit for weight loss. Definitely invest in a food scale if you haven't already!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Better than waiting till you're 65 yo and weigh 376#. That was me four years ago.

I joined WWers, I do water aerobics 4X a week, added swimming laps and try to get 10K steps a day on my Fitbit.

Now at 227# that's 149 pounds lost over four years.

Better late, than never!