Feel yuk and tired as putting on weight

Options
So I asked why I'm putting on weight and you guys said I'm eating too much iv uploaded my diet from yesterday and day before and I'm definitely not over eating and I'm tired all the time. I have 3 kids and just want to sleep all the time. I try work out hard at gym with atleast 30 mins cardio then weights so what else can I do other than starve myself?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary so I can't comment on too much or too little. Have you seen your family doc lately? Could be anemia or thyroid as well.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    can you open your diary? are you weighing and logging everything? my hypothesis would be eating more than you think and not expending as much energy; but the tiredness could be concerning
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor to rule out a medical problem?

I get exhausted to the point of not being able to get up a simple flight of stairs when my iron is low. You might also have them check your thyroid to rule out any problems on that side.

Looking at the day you logged yesterday, a few questions for you: did you weigh that 1 oz of nuts? What about the chicken? How heavy where those two fillets? I usually get that amount of calories for just one piece (1 chicken breast averages around 150g where I live and is roughly 250kcals).

If those values are anywhere close to correct, I'm surprised you're still standing. That's no where near enough food for someone who's active.

ETA: how did you determine that you burned 300 calories? Is it from the MFP data base? Gym equipment? Heart Rate monitor? Depending on where you get the value it can be horribly off.

Just as an example from my own experience:

Elliptical (60min) approximate energy burned:
    Home: 850
    Fitbit: 700
    MFP: 750
    Gym: 475
  • equidivine
    equidivine Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi my diary is open on settings
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    looking in your diary, are you measuring everything on scales? you've got both grams and ounces? nuts are very high in calories so if you're guestimating your portion then you may be eating a lot more calories than you think.

your prosecco is 1.5 glasses - how big is a glass? 125ml is around 90 cals, so you've under calculated on that unless its a very small glass. and while i don't think you have to cut out alcohol to lose weight, in terms of nutritional value, it has none.

Wednesday you only ate a pizza?

you also said in your other thread that you eat a lot more on weekends, so could well be undoing any deficit you make.

i would also second anemia, so it may be worth seeing a doctor. not that that would make you gain weight.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me more about the Lipton's White Tea with 1 sugar, 2 mug entry in your diary. You have it at 90 calories each time. I drink tea ALL day, and I measure out my sugar in teaspoons as well as the milk I add. Even with 2 (or 3) teaspoons of sugar and the added milk, my tea calories are never that high.

Additionally, you have logged in scrambled eggs as 2 medium eggs (but then quantity of 3) and just "scrambled" which may be fine; however, are you scrambling them with anything added such as an oil, butter. They may be fine as is, but just wanted to be sure.
  • equidivine
    Options
    I tend to eat same all the time but for example will eat like a few packets of crisps on a Sunday but nothing to make such a massive weight gain. On holiday over Xmas I literally ate 3 massive meals a day, ice cream, chips and alchohol and I'm still same weight now I'm back to eating once a day or eating normal. I suffered Anaemia when pregnant but I'm now also on the injection pill as they say it puts on weight? Not sure all I know is iv never had this issue before until now! Im defo putting on muscle though my legs are now solid. But gone from size8-10 to a 12
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »
    I tend to eat same all the time but for example will eat like a few packets of crisps on a Sunday but nothing to make such a massive weight gain. On holiday over Xmas I literally ate 3 massive meals a day, ice cream, chips and alchohol and I'm still same weight now I'm back to eating once a day or eating normal. I suffered Anaemia when pregnant but I'm now also on the injection pill as they say it puts on weight? Not sure all I know is iv never had this issue before until now! Im defo putting on muscle though my legs are now solid. But gone from size8-10 to a 12

Have you been back to the doctor recently for a check up?

Over how long a period did you gain the weight? Is it recent? That might be another hint that you should get yourself checked out, if only for peace of mind.
  • equidivine
    Options
    So iv logged all my food today and this is allot for what I normally eat if I'm being honest as i normally miss breakfast and skip snacks. Annoyingly I haven't been able to get to gym today as my youngest is ill but I wouldn't say I'm eating enough to cause such massive weight gain especially around my tummy and sides. On a normal day I would burn around 300-500 calories at gym. So this log in is probably most of what my binge day is. I would class today as a binge.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    equidivine wrote: »
    I tend to eat same all the time but for example will eat <strong>like a few packets of crisps on a Sunday but nothing to make such a massive weight gain</strong>. On holiday over Xmas I literally ate 3 massive meals a day, ice cream, chips and alchohol and I'm still same weight now I'm back to eating once a day or eating normal. I suffered Anaemia when pregnant but I'm now also on the injection pill as they say it puts on weight? Not sure all I know is iv never had this issue before until now! Im defo putting on muscle though my legs are now solid. But gone from size8-10 to a 12

those few packets of crisps can add it - not sure where you are, but many of the small bags I can buy are actually 2.5 servings of chips and I used to eat an entire bag - if you are eating a few bags of those, those calories (and the salt) can really add up
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I can't talk about your diary because I haven't seen it, but maybe this isn't food related? Maybe you're just tired and need some extra rest?
  • teags1984
    teags1984 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too think there could be an underlying medical issue here for feeling tired all the time. Thyroid problems could be one, being tired is also a symptom for a whole other range of issues from depression to low iron levels. I have 4 young children and understand how you feel tired, they can be draining sometimes. But most days I am full of energy because I am eating well, getting enough sleep and exercising makes me feel energised.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Another vote for tightening up your logging and getting tested for iron and other deficiencies.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeing your doctor?

Lethargy and weight gain can have a number of root causes. Perhaps it's worth ruling out medical issues rather than focussing just on food/exercise.