Frustrated- no results?!

Options
So I'm a little frustrated because I swear last week was the most active week I've had in years and I didn't see any weight loss, in fact the scale said I went up a pound!

I went to 2 of my bootcamp classes, went to the gym on my own, attending a group class at my gym and even completed a 3 mile walk/run race on Saturday. I stuck to my calorie goals, only going slightly over on Saturday because of a few drinks that night.

I wasn't expecting to see a dramatic decrease or anything but not even a pound?! I know to be patient but I just had to vent and get that off my chest. :grumble:

Replies

• rockstarmike000
    Options
    Give this a read. Its a really eye opening time magazine article. (copy and paste it) http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1914974,00.html
  • RobynFaye133
    Options
    it happend to me too except i gained half a stone! withing 2 weeks of being here i dunno if it keeps going up im going to my last resort a gastric band op because i am not getting fatter and fatter until i cant get up and go out! dont worry i bet you your building muscles if not water retention or your scales could be bust im a worryier you see so i freak myself out a little :ohwell: if you want to have a chat dont hesitate :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    water retention when you suddenly increase activity is completly normal. and can total more then a lb
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always gain weight when I exercise...up to 7 lb after a session! The body swells as it repairs muscles. Your temporary weight gain probably just means that your body is recovering. :smile: You may see a delayed change in a bit.
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    omg we are so going thru the same things...i work out 5 times a week and up , walking over 80 minutes...
    i even started to walk to work, drinking green tea with no sugar... i was in tears this morning asking my bf what am i doing wrong...of course he was like " double, triple up" ...ugh men...
    i even decided to start walking in the evening as well.... maybe the slight changes i made will have a positive effect next weigh in...i gotta weigh in on friday n do measurements...praying for good times bc i swear i wanna give up...:explode: :sad:
  • akeating526
    Options
    Thanks for the posts, it nice to hear I'm not the only one frustrated with this problem. The one thing I don't want to do is get frustrated and give up, I'm going to keep working at it because I'm sure I'll see results soon enough!

I know I'm probably building up muscle too, especially in my arms where I have barely any strength! Honestly if I don't loose as much in pounds that's fine since I know I'll gain some muscle weight. However, I want to make sure I feel like my clothes fit better.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Give this a read. Its a really eye opening time magazine article. (copy and paste it) http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1914974,00.html

this is amazing ...wow. so i wonder if we have any people on the board that used exercise for their weight loss?
  • rockstarmike000
    Options

this is amazing ...wow. so i wonder if we have any people on the board that used exercise for their weight loss?

I love exercising and its really really beneficial to overall health, and it definitely stimulates the metabolism, so I do cardio every day, at least for one hour a day. But I definitely don't use it as a calorie burner. Its so much easier to lose weight by not sticking extra calories in my mouth rather than doing so and then trying to burn it off. I mean, even walking for an hour only burns 200 calories, and that's not much in the world of food. I think that was the general point of the article. Don't count on exercise alone to lose weight. After all, this site is mainly a food journal, and a food journal is all anyone really needs to lose weight.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

Ehh, I lost 89 pounds and worked out regularly. I've lost 10 in the last 7 weeks while working out not only regularly, but more so than usual.