Anyone doing the Orangetheory weight loss challenge?

Options
I'm a head trainer for OTF and I see a couple MFP members are doing this. I am telling all of the people on my team to use MFP. Helped me lose all of my weight back in 2009. Anyone doing the challenge this month?

Replies

• emeliaweg
    emeliaweg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Not doing the challenge but an OTF regular and I'm loving the more intense workouts!!! Yesterday's really kicked my butt (in a good way.)
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am! Any help would be so appreciated!
  • Paxnyokes
    Paxnyokes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am. Is it advisable to eat you workout calories?
  • cfuruya
    cfuruya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it and would love to know specifics on how you lost weight in 2009. Thanks!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I am.
  • nooshrathf
    nooshrathf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am! I used this link to figure out my Macro intake:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutrients_calculator.htm

Hope this helps some of you guys in the challenge, good luck! You're here because it's gonna happen, you got this!
  • pinkmegan1
    pinkmegan1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am doing it! The studio just opened about 2 days before Christmas and I have been doing it since then. I love it!

Thanks for the link above on the macros. I've got to get more protein in my days. It is a struggle for me!
  • Kellm1218
    Kellm1218 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey in October/November. I began with tracking my calories through myfitness pal and paid close attention to overall eating less and eating clean. I was sticking close to 1200-1300 cals/day. I was able to drop 20 pounds by mid January.

I recently started working out at orange theory 3-4 times a week starting Feb 8th. I have seen overall improvement in my flexibility, endurance, and muscle tone; however, the scale has not budged. For the first month I just thought it was muscle gain, but I'm heading into week 7 and I now am a little confused.

I have stayed disciplined in tracking my caloric intake. I read some articles and thought maybe I'm not allowing my body to recover from the training and not consuming enough protein. I just recently started drinking a 100 cal muscle milk protein supplement after class.

Is this type of plateau normal? Is there something else I should be doing?