What's your favourite exercise?

Options
Carlos0690
Carlos0690 Posts: 417 Member
Interested to know what people enjoy the most when it comes to shedding the pounds ?

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Walking ang hiking
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    god bless punching bags
  • reneec257
    reneec257 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    swimming and water aerobics
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Cross country skiing, cycling, swimming (in lakes), hiking, rock climbing (on rocks not in gyms), sex.

I can show some great pictures to give you a sense of why I love all of them. Except one.
  • amalarangnekar
    amalarangnekar Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dancing, jogging, swimming.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,163 Member
    Options
    Cycling in the summer. Cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. This year we are having a non-winter. Wet, little snow, and still quite cold, so I am subsisting on my bike trainer.
  • CaptainAmericaGirlYASSS
    Options
    Lol don't think mines forum appropriate ahahaha >:)
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Lol don't think mines forum appropriate ahahaha >:)

All exercises are welcome!

Same as hers.
  • CaptainAmericaGirlYASSS
    Options

All exercises are welcome!

Same as hers.

*high five Truly does wonders to the body tho hahaha

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Cycling in the summer. Cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. This year we are having a non-winter. Wet, little snow, and still quite cold, so I am subsisting on my bike trainer.

When I was a kid, we used to ski cross country. Now, as an adult in my prime, those memories are pretty distant, like looking at something on the bottom of a lake. I can see it, but it's not clear at all; I don't remember what it was like. So, learning to ski again as an adult, I've been realizing all these things. One of them is that XC skiing is really like the winter version of riding a bike. It's an aerobic sport, often an endurance one too. It's about working hard but coasting is important. Your gear is probably equally important in both. As someone who's been on skinny tires for years, confined to the pavement, being stuck on groomed trails is as natural as anything. Even as I'm learning about the technique (which is more demanding on skis than on wheels) people are using bike metaphors: diagonal stride is a low gear, double poling is a high gear.

You probably already realized all that. I'm like a fish coming home to water.

31536642153_bac326e6a2_o_d.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I love HIIT workouts. I always get results. Running was fun too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Lifting Heavy Stuff

like boxes from delivery trucks. at night.

and Running!

.....from the police
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting!
  • Carlos0690
    Options
    Cross country skiing, cycling, swimming (in lakes), hiking, rock climbing (on rocks not in gyms), sex.

I can show some great pictures to give you a sense of why I love all of them. Except one.

That's right now one wants to see pictures of someone hiking ! Haha thanks !
  • Carlos0690
    Options

When I was a kid, we used to ski cross country. Now, as an adult in my prime, those memories are pretty distant, like looking at something on the bottom of a lake. I can see it, but it's not clear at all; I don't remember what it was like. So, learning to ski again as an adult, I've been realizing all these things. One of them is that XC skiing is really like the winter version of riding a bike. It's an aerobic sport, often an endurance one too. It's about working hard but coasting is important. Your gear is probably equally important in both. As someone who's been on skinny tires for years, confined to the pavement, being stuck on groomed trails is as natural as anything. Even as I'm learning about the technique (which is more demanding on skis than on wheels) people are using bike metaphors: diagonal stride is a low gear, double poling is a high gear.

You probably already realized all that. I'm like a fish coming home to water.

31536642153_bac326e6a2_o_d.jpg

That's a great picture . Looks like a beautiful place !
  • dantew04
    dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing
    Crossfit
    Tabata

Being late... okay, strictly speaking not an exercise (or certainly not one I *enjoy* doing), but definitely sheds the pounds and gets me moving with lightning speed.
  • federicafezza4271
    federicafezza4271 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    - walking and yoga
    - for some reason I like the plank even though I suffer while doing it, same for running
    - I want to improve and start strenght training in an indefinite future but for now I only do bodyweight exercises
    - skiing is my favorite sport ever but I don't really consider it as exercise. I love it but haven't skied in 2 years and all your comments about ski made me crave it even more!
  • giovanna8830
    giovanna8830 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hiit fitness <3
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Variety really; notone thing All of them become boring if they would be just one thing
    Walking/Hiking - So far been up to 35 km
    Weights
    Cycling
    Total Body Workout
    Yoga