Gym stories

Options

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    Maybe she was trying to look up my pantleg, I can't even.

:#:#:#:#:#:# why not just tell her 'you're in a dangerous, inconsiderate space and you need to move' though?

i mean, i do. partly because damn it, if i get hurt then the fact it was 'their fault' isn't going to be enough to comfort me. and partly because it ain't like driving where you can't communicate with someone who's crowding you.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Middle-aged female amateur bodybuilder was found lying near the cable station one Sunday morning a few years ago. She apparently died of a heart attack while working out by herself during the night. She always trained after hours by herself. My gym partner and I tried to make paranormal contact with her near the spot she was found and around the approximate time she died through several EVP sessions but we had no success.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There is a guy who is always at the gym the same time I am. He looks just like Glenn Beck. He hits the preacher curls for about 5 minutes and spends the rest of the time staring at women. He's funny.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    The more I go to the gym, the more I notice the different characters. There's:

The guy who comes in each time, does some upper body workouts, flexes in the mirror, talks on his phone to people about his workout and goes out after about 30 minutes.

The girl who spends 3 hours on every workout. At least an hour of cardio and a couple of hours doing various things on the floor (stretching, lifting very light weights etc).

The guys who just talk really loudly to each other about their day and don't do very much.

The girl who just does squats the entire time and gets her boyfriend to take videos of it.

But hey, each to their own. I don't judge :-)

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I always use the stairmaster, because I am a regular.

Became friends with another regular, she was like a 50 year old mom who was very chatty and is sort of a diva. She would tell me at the passing of every woman, "honey, those tits are fake". "Oh that is real". Because up on the stairmaster, you have an aerial view of the whole gym.

This second time, a woman adjacent on the stairmaster row told me she was having her period. Right out of the blue. She then proceeded to say she apologizes if it smells bad. I kept sniffing after that and there was no odour.

Then another time, a stairmaster woman turned to fox news. Then came another woman to bike and she changed to msnbc to see keith olbermann. Stairmaster woman goes down grabs the remote and puts o reilly back on. Bike woman changes back to msnbc. Stairmaster woman shouts, "you *kitten* *kitten*" and she walks out. Bike woman then tells me, "hon I am sorry you had to witness that".

Another time, fresh during the ipad craze in 2010 april. Dude goes on the stairmaster with his ipad. Ipad falls and screen cracks and dude starts crying. He had tears and running nose like someone died. He was middle aged and you don't see this kind of kiddie behaviour with middle aged fellas.

Another time, a woman is on the stairmaster and she is wearing a very short skirt with a thong. You can see it when you climb next to her and start working out. She leans to me and asks, "excuse me, is my underwear visible, i'm sorry". I say, well I didn't quite notice. She says, "liar". I was like, "excuse me". She says, "there is no way you can miss it, be honest." I was like what the fuuudge.

Another time on the stairmaster, a guy is working out and sneezes and phlegm flies out on all the people on the spinning bikes placed right before the stairmaster row.

You really should go into stand-up comedy!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I always use the stairmaster, because I am a regular.

Became friends with another regular, she was like a 50 year old mom who was very chatty and is sort of a diva. She would tell me at the passing of every woman, "honey, those tits are fake". "Oh that is real". Because up on the stairmaster, you have an aerial view of the whole gym.

This second time, a woman adjacent on the stairmaster row told me she was having her period. Right out of the blue. She then proceeded to say she apologizes if it smells bad. I kept sniffing after that and there was no odour.

Then another time, a stairmaster woman turned to fox news. Then came another woman to bike and she changed to msnbc to see keith olbermann. Stairmaster woman goes down grabs the remote and puts o reilly back on. Bike woman changes back to msnbc. Stairmaster woman shouts, "you *kitten* *kitten*" and she walks out. Bike woman then tells me, "hon I am sorry you had to witness that".

Another time, fresh during the ipad craze in 2010 april. Dude goes on the stairmaster with his ipad. Ipad falls and screen cracks and dude starts crying. He had tears and running nose like someone died. He was middle aged and you don't see this kind of kiddie behaviour with middle aged fellas.

Another time, a woman is on the stairmaster and she is wearing a very short skirt with a thong. You can see it when you climb next to her and start working out. She leans to me and asks, "excuse me, is my underwear visible, i'm sorry". I say, well I didn't quite notice. She says, "liar". I was like, "excuse me". She says, "there is no way you can miss it, be honest." I was like what the fuuudge.

Another time on the stairmaster, a guy is working out and sneezes and phlegm flies out on all the people on the spinning bikes placed right before the stairmaster row.

OMG! Over how long a time period did all this stuff happen?

About a week ago I'd finished my circuit with the exception of one machine. There was a man on that station doing sets. During one of his rest periods he fell asleep! Poor guy must have been incredibly sleep deprived. I'm too pumped to fall asleep when I get home let alone at the gym. I considered giving him a gentle nudge, but instead just walked past coughing a couple of times till he woke up.

• Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Finally, after having several thrombosis I am working out again at the gym!
    My stamina is awful now, so I am starting over with my runs. But I can continue my strength training. So happy that you don't lose strength that fast. :)
  • Idle_Moon
    Options
    They have decorated our gym with Christmas stuff. It looks out of place, but still nice. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I had a brainfart in the gym this week and did something that still makes me cringe in embarrassment

so I have a story but I'm not yet ready to share my moment of intense, unthinking derpitude

marking my place for when I've got over myself
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Signed up last week - still haven't been - afraid to walk in the door - gotta get over that
  • Idle_Moon
    Options
    Today, I saw one of the trainers working out in her free time. And yet she still helped people, without being asked to. Very nice lady. :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I do the weight machines but I always feel like I stand out because I'm still so overweight. Ah...the awkwardness of when the outside doesn't match who you know you are meant to be!

I've been lifting for 4 years, and my outside STILL doesn't match the inside, but I honestly don't care. I love doing stuff like telling the guys to go ahead and leave the 45s on the leg press because that's what I need...or watching the look on their face when I'm loading the bar up to squat.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    With PT doing bicep curls with a barbell. PT decided not to secure the weights with a clip, my left arm was weaker than my right and so the bar tipped to the left and down...weights dropped onto the foot of the guy next door. Oops. Luckily no damage done except to my ego.
  • Idle_Moon
    Options
    Sometimes it's hard to workout alone. Luckily there are nice people in the gym to correct you if you're doing it wrong. :)
  • Idle_Moon
    Options
    Yesterday I saw Hulk working out at the gym. He pulled out his pants and went mad crazy at the treadmill, full speed at max hill. This guy looked like 100kg pure muscle mass, he even didn't had room for his arms to swing. Like wtf, I was afraid he would drop dead in his exercises. :anguished: