Hungry Students!!!

Options
Why is it that every time I find myself back in school I feel extra hungry.

As soon as I start working on a paper I get hungry and I feel hungry while I am writing. Is it because thinking uses SO many calories - or am I a stress eater? Well, I think that I don't eat a lot in other stressful situations, but as soon as I start pulling the books off the shelf I feel like I need a constant supply of snacks!

Any ideas how to curb my studying and eating habits?

-D

Replies

• delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    Why is it that every time I find myself back in school I feel extra hungry.

As soon as I start working on a paper I get hungry and I feel hungry while I am writing. Is it because thinking uses SO many calories - or am I a stress eater? Well, I think that I don't eat a lot in other stressful situations, but as soon as I start pulling the books off the shelf I feel like I need a constant supply of snacks!

Any ideas how to curb my studying and eating habits?

-D
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water?

I haven't been getting enough water lately and have been snacking waaaaaay more than normal. :angry:

H2O really does play a huge part in all of this. Drink up! :drinker:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    It often becomes a habit for college students to snack around while they are working/studying.

You could work on retraining yourself. Drinking water constantly while typing a paper. Eventually, the "cravings" will go away. It may take awhile, because breaking habits do take some time. OR if you really really need to munch on something, munch away on some baby carrots and celery!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Water, protein and fiber. Make sure you eat snacks that are filled with protein and fiber then wash it down with lots of water. This will stay with you longer than simple carb snacks.
  • delpha2
    Options
    Of course!

I always want popcorn or something.

Okay, I am going to make a study snack packet for each study session and stick to it. No extra trips to the kitchen and study break will be a walk in the hood.

-D
  • delpha2
    Options
    Of course!

I always want popcorn or something.

Okay, I am going to make a study snack packet for each study session and stick to it. No extra trips to the kitchen and study break will be a walk in the hood.

-D
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I can tell you, I just finished a paper...And I wanted something to snack on...so I had a yougurt... Sometimes i snack on popcorn...anything that takes me awhile to eat works well for me.
  • delpha2
    Options
    JINX!

What the heck! I just somehow double posted the same msg....weird.

Arg I just jinxed myself
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie popcorn is great. Its enough to feel like you got a treat...but only 100 calories. Also, the 60 calorie puddings are yummy!

Good luck with school!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The 100 calorie popcorn is great. Its enough to feel like you got a treat...but only 100 calories. Also, the 60 calorie puddings are yummy!

Good luck with school!

Ohhhhh, the kettle popcorn!!! Those are awesome!! It is salty and sweet all in one. :love: