What's a good Detox diet and/or Supplement?

I'm trying to do a detox to get some of this stuff out my body and clean out my Colon. Anybody know a good diet to go on or supplement you can take? Also how does your body react when you get off it and go back to your regular eating. Im currently on the 1400 calorie with my in take and on day 3 Insanity. Any advice? =/

Replies

• DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    I wanna know too :)
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    I just did 8 day Zija program..lost a couple of lbs... be prepared to go to bathroom A LOT.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Don't eat anything processed, up your fiber intake, and drink green tea and water only. You'll find you'll feel tons better just doing that. :)
  • Three words: The Master Cleanse.

It's where you go on a tea diet for a number of days, and take a flush in the mornings. The tea is made out of two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, two tablespoons of Grade B maple syrup, some cayenne pepper, and a cup of water. You drink it every 1-3 hours through the day. Some people claim this diet doesn't work or isn't safe, but my family has been doing it for a long time and it always clears up colds, sores, cleans out the colon, such.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    I just started an "Acai Berry Power Berry Pure Body Cleanse". Picked it up at GNC. Its a 14 day program. I have been on it about 4 days now and feel pretty good. I feel like I am less bloated the past day or so, even though I drink about 5 liters (170oz) of water a day!!
    Like the other poster said, be prepared to spend some quality time on the porcelain throne!! Bring a good book!! :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • MissHellsing
    MissHellsing Posts: 133 Member
    Thank you everybody. I'll look them up and get started. ^_^
  • HJayBee
    HJayBee Posts: 17 Member
    Raw food week (or weeks) is a great detox. No processed foods (breads/rices) and nothing cooked (some people do 75% raw instead of totally... so they'll have one cooked item per meal).

But fruits + veggies + green tea + water = higher fiber = body cleaning

I do them at least once a year. They're awesome.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Don't eat anything processed, up your fiber intake, and drink green tea and water only. You'll find you'll feel tons better just doing that. :)

I agree with this - add some prunes and tea and you are golden.
  • robincnrr
    robincnrr Posts: 14
    I follow a HERBALIFE program,they have a 21 day detox that has been pretty helpful for me. The master cleanse is a good one to