78 calories

Options
What do you eat when you only have a small number of calories left for you dinner?

I had two hard-boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch... We ate out. I had most of a small bacon cheddar burger and side ceasar salad at Longhorn. I'm quite hungry now and thought a out roasting veggies and maybe having a small amount of quinoa with it... But I'm sure that's more than my allotment is.

What do you eat when you only have e a few calories left for a meal?

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    If it's every once in a while, I let myself go over a little bit.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    If you have MFP set to lose weight, you have 250-1000 calories to eat before you hit maintenance. You can also look at your calories for the week in the app.

Have a decent dinner, maybe try to budget better for next time you go out, and average things out for the week this time around :)

~Lyssa
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    A can of "light" soup or a salad. Shirataki noodles once in a while. Usually on those days I'll just try to eat light in the evening but I do end up going over a bit. It's only one day and really isn't a big deal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have a maintenance calorie day.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    If it's every once in a while, I let myself go over a little bit.

This. Or, if I'm focused on short-term goals as I presently am (money on the line, you know), I'll have a normal-calorie dinner and divide the excess over the next week or so, few enough calories that I can do without for the time being. The method isn't for everyone, though, and I have to make sure I'm not snowballing it like credit card debt
  • mostgenericwhitegirl
    Options
    I ended up eating some roasted veg. and a small bowl of rice crispies because I knew I'd wake up in the night hungry. I've been craving milk lately. I'll just consider this a good lesson to remind me of how easy it is to steer off course.

Thanks everybody!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'd push it up to 250 calories probably and make a GIANT salad. A good head of romaine, 200g of tomato, 200 g cucumber, 100g mushroom, and hot sauce.

Actually, I just did that. Might be even less than 250.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What do you eat when you only have a small number of calories left for you dinner?

I had two hard-boiled eggs and coffee for breakfast. Lunch... We ate out. I had most of a small bacon cheddar burger and side ceasar salad at Longhorn. I'm quite hungry now and thought a out roasting veggies and maybe having a small amount of quinoa with it... But I'm sure that's more than my allotment is.

1/3 serving of Easy Mac
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry, I wouldn't eat those calories. If I felt hungry, probably an egg, a few nuts or some jerkey because it's high in protein and should make me feel full longer.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I jump on my exercise bike or elliptical and earn me some more calories I think of it as money in the bank need some overtime.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Doesn't really look like you had much so far today. How much was that worth in calories? You should have more than 78 calories left at this point. What is your total allowance?
  • irshkds6295
    irshkds6295 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Consider logging your steps or exercise to get more calories. Because with 78 cal you may be able to do just some greens and a light dressing
  • mostgenericwhitegirl
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Doesn't really look like you had much so far today. How much was that worth in calories? You should have more than 78 calories left at this point. What is your total allowance?

1450 on days I don't exercise.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to to pre-plan your food for the day, especially on days when you know you're going to be eating out. 78 calories isn't a lot for a whole meal but I'd just have more eggs and veggies (egg whites scrambled with veggies). You'll come in over calories but it won't be too bad.