I had a slip -up Needing some help

Options

I'm looking for some support to get back on track.. I ate a few chips when I realized I did something wrong I try my best to fix the problem.... I just need ideas on ways to fix it ? What do you do ?

Replies

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We all make slip ups. It's just part of human nature. Just try to do better tomorrow. If you feel like you need to do something about it then go for a short walk but a few chips shouldn't hurt your progress. Remember, tomorrow is another day! Hang in there!
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The most important thing is to move on from this and continue the good work. We all mess up once in a while but we have to shake it off, it's just a hiccup. When I used to mess up, I would just say F-it and continue to mess up for many months.... now I don't let it get to me much. As much as people act like they're perfect health freaks, they aren't, we are human.
  • shortvixen09
    shortvixen09 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love chips so I know the struggle. I turned to Low buttered popcorn, pretzels, Reduced fat Cheez its & and Cheese rice snacks. It's only been a week but it's tough however small snacks like that helps me trick myself and fill that void. Just keep going. Everyone messes up. You can always walk or run in place to work some of it off but a few chips is not bad.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you're only human. There are very few people who can completely cut out any food that is considered 'bad'. Remember this is a lifestyle change and you have to allow yourself to enjoy food!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some support to get back on track.. I ate a few chips when I realized I did something wrong I try my best to fix the problem.... I just need ideas on ways to fix it ? What do you do ?

Why is eating 'a few chips' wrong?
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Worry less, walk more. :)

A few chips aren't the end of the world. If there's something to learn (was there a trigger you can avoid in the future?) then learn it. But move on.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Each meal is a new start. Life happens, again and again - dust yourself off and get back on track at the next meal.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Did the chips put you over your calories? In not, I'm not sure what the problem is!
    Even if they did, you shouldn't feel bad.

Would you feel bad if you ate over your calories because of eating too much broccoli?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Why is eating 'a few chips' wrong?

^^^This is my question.

Guilt and shame have no place in your food choices. Fitting in some chips is fine. Honestly, taking the good and bad labels off of foods was one of the best things I have ever done. I no longer feel like a failure while I'm enjoying a treat. Be kinder to yourself.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I eat chips at least a few times a week. I weigh them, enjoy them, log them and keep on with life. Chips aren't the devil.
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Unfortunately just part of all our weight loss journey stories - don't beat yourself up, that makes it way worse. I believe in the concept of "just keep moving forward". Also, Indiacaitlin is right: this is a lifestyle change but there has to be some give here and there. I actually listen to my body: if I have a craving for something, I believe, it's because my body needs a nutrient in that food and I allow it in very small doses. My diary has bad food choices here and there but overall I stay on really good track - I eat low carb and track calories, too.