500 to 700 calorie plant based meals please

Hi a newbie so please add. Am wanting easy to make yummy vegetarian meals or ideas please.

Replies

• irshkds6295
    irshkds6295 Posts: 12 Member
    Roasted veggies with just olive oil salt pepper are good with rice. Or peppers using low sodium soy sauce cooked in a pan over rice. I usually google new recipes. Happy cooking
  • otemaka
    otemaka Posts: 10 Member
    thanks kindly
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Engine 2 website has a great lentil loaf recipe. Lots of others too. The loaf if made as recipe calls is probably 400 cals but filling enough to have with just a side salad. It can also be modified to less calories if you get creative. (leave out walnuts) I replaced with ground mushrooms.

Soups usually always low calorie
    I love grits with homemade salsa
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Find a good beans recipe! I add red and green peppers, leeks, celery, tomatoes and of course chilli. Great meal, keeps you full for hours
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    I love vegan chili, my favourite recipe is from ohsheglows website. It's sooo delicious!
    Pasta is great.
    Couscous with roasted veggies and falafel.
    I like to make huge (and I mean HUGE) salads for dinner from any veggies I have in the fridge. Often I add potatoes, nuts, avocado for satiety.
    Stir fry (I make it with faux chicken because I can't stand tofu).
    Also there is plenty of recipes for veggie burgers, I love them for dinner.
  • cowgrl08642
    cowgrl08642 Posts: 11 Member
    The starch solution is a great book with excellent recipes! Personally, I cook most of my food using "Isa Does It" and Isa's new holiday cookbook (not exclusively for holidays) and omitting oil (oil is not a health food!!). The minimalist baker blog has yummy recipes, again omitting all oil and using broth in its stead!
    Good luck!
  • eok902
    eok902 Posts: 56 Member
    This veggie chipotle chilli from the MFP blog is a good 'un that I always come back to.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/vegetarian-chipotle-chili/
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Beans and rice with steamed veggies. You can season the beans and rice however you prefer.
  • FreeAnik
    FreeAnik Posts: 7 Member
    A lentil curry is always good on basmati rice. Pasta with different kinds of sauces. Potatoes are always delicious how ever you cook them. You can top them with beans, lentils, sauces, chili...