Weird Smell...For Women Only!

Options
I've been having a really embarrassing issue and to be honest it's making me a little angry. Since I've started exercising, which is about a couple of months now, I've noticed and really STRONG odor "down there". It reminds me of smelly arm pits. It only happens when I exercise, which of course is 6 days a week. When I take a shower after I work out, I can still smell the odor!! What I've been doing is using the Summer's Eve flushable wipes after I shower to try and get rid of the smell...after scrubbing profusely with my feminine wash!

I've done numerous web searches, found a few things, but nothing concrete as to what the problem is or more importantly..HOW DO I GET RID OF IT!!! If anyone has any suggestions on what it could be or maybe point me in a direction where I can find the info I would greatly appreciate it! I'm so close to going to my doctor, but if I can skip the $80 visit I will!

Replies

• kelseyk14
    kelseyk14 Posts: 95
    Options
    Sounds like candida yeast to me. Google it and see if you have the other symptoms if not you still may have it. Its very common and fairly easy to get rid of through diet and natural supplements.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If it's an ammonia (but non-urine) type odor, it's likely because you're carb depleting while working out. I smell ammonia frequently (not not "down there"...I just smell it and no one else can smell it on me; I've asked) after a lengthy or hard workout.

If it's something else, it could simply be you sweat a lot and it gets trapped, and that's going to smell. Try working out with a sanitary pad in place, see if it absorbs excess sweat and if when you remove it, the odor is less.

Beyond that...I'd see a doctor. You could have a bacterial infection going on, and the addition of heat and sweat may make that smell worse. But being that you notice it specifically post-workout, I'd at least give the pad a try before paying a doctor's fee.