Thank you, MFP Community

Options
I've been mostly lurking on these boards since Jan 1st, absorbing the good advice, and occasionally rolling my eyes at bad advice), and it seems like something may have stuck.

After losing 14lbs in my first two weeks (Yay!), I've been completely stalled all this week. Usually what happens at this point is (a) I give up, and (b) I find myself face deep in a bucket of KFC. But not this time. The mantra has clearly stuck:

Weight Loss Is Not Linear.

So this time, I'm not sweating it. I'm sticking to my calorie allowance (a very comfortable 1400 - I'm 5ft3). I'm letting my body deal with it's Monthly Water Retention Extravaganza. And I have faith that next week I'll get a bit of a whoosh and be back on track again. No problem.

In the meantime, I've noticed that my favourite skinny jeans are becoming decidedly baggy around the waist and calves, so I'm enjoying that sensation and looking forward to my weight catching up...

Thanks for the advice - and may the force continue to be with you. B)

Replies

• setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hey there, 14 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot and very impressive. Stick with your calories and let your body adjust to your new lifestyle. I would suggest to measure yourself. There are plenty of times that I don't lose but at the end of the month when I measure myself again I have lost inches. I will take that any day. I would also find a pair of pants or something that is a bit tight and use it as a comparison. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    And use a trending weight web site or app!!!! You know you want to!

*Trendweight.com, weighgrapher.com, Libra/android, Happy Scale/iPhone
  • teags1984
    teags1984 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be extremely proud of your effort, 14lbs in 2 weeks is incredible. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will reach your goal xxx
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Great attitude to have! And I second a trending app-I have an android phone and really like libra (it's free) :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness there are some smart lurkers out there! I salute you.
  • BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you all - Onwards and downwards! ;)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Both at the scale and not! :wink: